Professional Web Applications Themes

Leftover screen shot from previous quicktime movie - Macromedia Director Basics

I'm working on a cd that has 8 video files that it will play. I've got it all layed out and it works fine except for one movie. The 7th movie's sound begins to play, but what ever movie was playing before it leaves a screen image on the stage. I'm linking to the quicktime files and everything seems to function fine except this one problem. I've checked all the settings and they are identical to the other movies. Can anyone shed some light on this? I even tried adding a 1 frame backdrop right in front of that movie ...

  1. #1

    Default Leftover screen shot from previous quicktime movie

    I'm working on a cd that has 8 video files that it will play. I've got it all layed out and it works fine except for one movie. The 7th movie's sound begins to play, but what ever movie was playing before it leaves a screen image on the stage. I'm linking to the quicktime files and everything seems to function fine except this one problem.

    I've checked all the settings and they are identical to the other movies. Can anyone shed some light on this? I even tried adding a 1 frame backdrop right in front of that movie to force the stage to redraw itself, but with no luck. I've tried updateStage with no luck there either. I would sure appreciate the help if anyone's had the same problem. Thanks for your time.

    Barry

    vector1 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    try updating the stage once the movie has finished playing or remove the
    cast member from the stage or go to a new frame without the video in the
    score channel it normally works then update the stage from the new frame

    "vector1" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I'm working on a cd that has 8 video files that it will play. I've got it
    all layed out and it works fine except for one movie. The 7th movie's sound
    begins to play, but what ever movie was playing before it leaves a screen
    image on the stage. I'm linking to the quicktime files and everything seems
    to function fine except this one problem.

    > I've checked all the settings and they are identical to the other movies.
    Can anyone shed some light on this? I even tried adding a 1 frame backdrop
    right in front of that movie to force the stage to redraw itself, but with
    no luck. I've tried updateStage with no luck there either. I would sure
    appreciate the help if anyone's had the same problem. Thanks for your time.

    > Barry

    Andrew Kennedy Guest

  3. #3

    Updating the stage didn't seem to work, but unLoad did. I just put an unLoad command on each of my buttons that loaded movies and it works great. Thanks for the help, being a new director user that information will come in handy in the future. Thanks again

  4. #4

    Hello,

    Can I get some idea of how to set up the unLoad behavior?

    Alsoo, do I put this on the exitFrame?

    I'm having the same difficulty w/ 3 QT movies I'm playing on Director MX on a NT platform.

    The QT and controllers work well for the first clip, but when I advance the Director movie to the next QT clip, the image from the previous one remains and I just get the audio for the second one. Same for the third.

    Many thanks, Chris Burns

    Christopher M. Burns webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    The unLoad command has actually worked, so far, for 2 of the 3 clips, but when I try to view them in unison, inevitably one of the QT videos does not display visuals, just sound. Granted, the previous video image has disappeared (which is a good thing), but in its place is now just black space, with sound playing.

    I've put the simple command on all of my navigation buttons on the Stage:

    on mouseUp me
    go to next
    unLoad 948

    end

    whereby "948" represents the frame being unloaded.

    Any thoughts?

    Chris

    Christopher M. Burns webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Chris,
    My problem happened about 8 or 9 projects ago, back when I first started using Director MX, but here is how I think I did it (if my memory serves me right). I had a button that loaded a movie (a dcr that loaded my Quicktime Movie) and on the first frame of my loading dcr I had the following code.

    on prepareFrame me
    unLoad
    end

    This unloads all cast members from memory before that particular frame is drawn so your stage is starting fresh. If you use a frame number with unLoad (as you say you did) it only unloads that particular frame (or frames if you specify "unLoad 10, 20" for example).

    But as I say, this was a while back and my coding has improved a lot since then. And also, most of the movies I use in projects now are .mpg's (which will work with the Quicktime commands). Nowadays I use MPEG Xtra to import and control my mpg movies and I don't have anymore problems with screen ghosts or carryovers. I hope some of this information helps you out, take care.