Professional Web Applications Themes

Lens hire in Brisbane for general public - Photography

Is there anyone in Brisbane that hire lenses to the unwashed public for short periods? I have to check, but from memory PC hire lenses to those with ABN's for professional applications, but not amateurs hoping to obtain a special lens for a particular event. Does anyone else hire for those without ABN's? I'm heading to Indy with 28-135 and 75-300 lenses and I was thinking about getting something either wider or a faster telephoto (i.e. f/2.8 or so, as opposed to the f/5.6 I have now) for that weekend. The hard part will be getting a decent spot to ...

  1. #1

    Default Lens hire in Brisbane for general public

    Is there anyone in Brisbane that hire lenses to the unwashed public for
    short periods? I have to check, but from memory PC hire lenses to those with
    ABN's for professional applications, but not amateurs hoping to obtain a
    special lens for a particular event. Does anyone else hire for those without
    ABN's?

    I'm heading to Indy with 28-135 and 75-300 lenses and I was thinking about
    getting something either wider or a faster telephoto (i.e. f/2.8 or so, as
    opposed to the f/5.6 I have now) for that weekend. The hard part will be
    getting a decent spot to use it effectively...

    DG

    Dennis Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Lens hire in Brisbane for general public

    no, the hardest part will be giving it back, and resisting the urge to sell
    your kidney and buy one for yourself.

    try kayell QLD on annerley rd (i think). i hired a flashgun from them no
    problems- i think they do lenses and other gear too

    "Dennis G" <com> wrote in message
    with
    without

    Warren Guest

  3. #3

    try http://www.kayellqld.com.au as far as i know they rent equipment but not
    sure if its for business only or private too...

    "Dennis G" <com> wrote in message
    with
    without

    Muli Guest

  4. #4

    "Dennis G" <com> wrote in message
    with
    without

    Do Ted's still have rentals??

    that is the hardest part indeed.... Undy s for the "non-passed" :-(

    AU Guest

  5. #5

    I don't know about the hire side of things, but FWIW Kayell's where
    I've gotten prints done a few times recently, I've been pretty happy
    with their service - I'd recommend 'em...

    Cheers,

    Danny

    "Muli" <com.au> wrote in message news:<tpgi.com.au>...
    > with
    > without [/ref]
    Danny Guest

  6. #6

    danny, do you know what sort of machine they use? the results were obviously
    good, how about their prices? eg. for 40+ 5x7" prints...

    "Danny Smith" <com.au> wrote in message

    Warren Guest

  7. #7

    Warren Prasek wrote:

    I'm not Danny, but I can tell you that Kayell have Fuji Frontier
    machinery. Their prices are higher than Frontier Digital at Sherwood,
    who do good work. See www.frontierdigital.com.au

    Peter Marquis-Kyle

    Peter Guest

  8. #8

    That's about right - it's a Frontier, seems to work well.

    The major reasons I use them is that 1) they're on my way to work, and
    2) they don't ask for an order form filled out in horrendous detail
    for each file - just directories named after the desired size.

    Their prices get quite reasonable once you start doing a fair quantity
    - over 26 5x7s or 5x7.5 are 70 cents each.

    There was a suggestion that Frontiers don't do very deep blacks and
    very bright whites as well as a Lambda or something, and I'd guess
    they might be right looking at my prints, but I haven't directly
    compared to a Lamdba print to be sure... They're still fine for my
    purposes!

    Cheers,

    Danny

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:29:40 +1000, "Peter Marquis-Kyle"
    <com.au> wrote:

    >I'm not Danny, but I can tell you that Kayell have Fuji Frontier
    >machinery. Their prices are higher than Frontier Digital at Sherwood,
    >who do good work. See www.frontierdigital.com.au
    >
    >Peter Marquis-Kyle
    >
    >[/ref]

    Danny Guest

  9. #9

    "Danny Smith" <me.baby> wrote in message

    > >I'm not Danny, but I can tell you that Kayell have Fuji Frontier
    > >machinery. Their prices are higher than Frontier Digital at Sherwood,
    > >who do good work. See www.frontierdigital.com.au
    > >
    > >Peter Marquis-Kyle
    > >[/ref][/ref]

    Have a look at DigiLab also...

    they have a Pegasus (LED) and a D-Lab (Laser), quality is excellent, prices
    are very good and you can FTP upload/return mail if you like

    www.digilab.com.au

    AU Guest

  10. #10

    prices

    Add: Service is GREAT too!!!

    Cameron

    Cameron Guest

  11. #11

    "Cameron" <com> wrote in message
    > prices
    >
    > Add: Service is GREAT too!!![/ref]

    Thanks Cameron... yes their service is excellent also.

    I also have to mention http://www.agfa.tsn.cc/ Paul Dawson's Hydro
    Photographics.... they are a sponsor of ADPOTD and the sample prints done
    for me were excellent and I have had feedback from some of my winners and it
    has all been positive with regard to service and quality.

    AU Guest