Hello,

I have just completed an LFS install (using the clean toolchain hint) and
am trying to setup my PCMCIA. I have got most of the way there except for
coldplugging of my PCMCIA NIC. On bootup hotplug does not seem to do
anything with the PCMCIA NIC card. Post boot I can do a cardctl eject
and then cardctl insert and then my network comes up. Any ideas on
how I can coldplug the NIC so network comes up on boot time. I have a look
at the Redhat 7.3 scripts (which work fine) but could not find where exactly
the coldplugging was happening.

It doesn't seem to be PCMCIA because when I coldplug my CF card reader it
is made available as /dev/hde on boo with out a prob.

Cheers

Sumo