Professional Web Applications Themes

License.Limit.Exceeded with 4x150 users licence and only300 real users - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

We have 4x150 users licence, set to unlimited bandwith. We get these messages in event viewer: Connection rejected by server. Reason : [ License.Limit.Exceeded ] : (_defaultRoot_, _defaultVHost_) : Max connections allowed exceeds license limit. Rejecting connection to : our_app_name/. It appends a lot since the last few days, even before last update 2.0.3 At the same time, when we check the administration console, the number in the _defaultVhost is much lowe than 600, the maximum number of user that is allowed. Licences are all OK in the administration console. We have to restart the Flash server service to correct ...

  1. #1

    Default License.Limit.Exceeded with 4x150 users licence and only300 real users

    We have 4x150 users licence, set to unlimited bandwith.

    We get these messages in event viewer:
    Connection rejected by server. Reason : [ License.Limit.Exceeded ] :
    (_defaultRoot_, _defaultVHost_) : Max connections allowed exceeds license
    limit. Rejecting connection to : our_app_name/.

    It appends a lot since the last few days, even before last update 2.0.3

    At the same time, when we check the administration console, the number in the
    _defaultVhost is much lowe than 600, the maximum number of user that is allowed.

    Licences are all OK in the administration console.

    We have to restart the Flash server service to correct the problem.

    Please help...

    danielalamaison Guest

  2. #2

    Hello,

    We have always experienced that same issue with fms. I would be eager to share
    thoughts on solutions with you. We operate 2 licences (1000-40pro) on a box and
    experience a fmscore.exe hang which results in the license max exceeded as
    people try to connect to the stalled core. So far we have only been able to
    find a way to minimize the impact of such an event by configuring fms to spawn
    a core for every application instance.

    I'll email you through your flashcomguru post so that you might benefit from
    each other's experience with this problem.

    If I find a solution in the meantime I'll post it here for you as well as on
    your flashcomguru posting.

    Regards,

    Dean

    iGx Guest

  3. #3

    We also operate two 1000-40 stacked licenses and get the same
    [License.Limit.Exceeded] Warnings in our Event Log. We have rolled back to
    version 2.0.1 because this issue started in 2.0.2 and continued into 2.0.3. If
    anyone knows of a workaround or fix we would appreciate the input as we would
    like to run the most recent version of the software but cannot due to this bug.
    Does Macromedia monitor these forums?

    jamezw Guest

  4. #4

    we've experienced this problem 2 days ago either on version 2.0.1 r27
    _dnf Guest

  5. #5

    This issue can have different reasons - it's not necessarily a bug. Please note
    that FMS counts connections, not users, so if one client creates more than 1
    connections, it's expected behaviour that you run into the license limit.

    To make sure that this is not the case, please describe your application in
    more detail (what is the application doing, what happens when a user connects).
    Without this information it's tough to say what's going wrong.

    mm_patrick Guest

  6. #6

    Hello mm_Patrick,

    Thank you for your interest in this problem.

    We restrict multiple access to the same application instance on our service.

    We operate a chat using fms. We experience, from time to time, an application
    instance failure which results in the entire room participants being
    disconnected. The application instance however still shows the connections to
    the room at time of this failure. The problem starts to compound itself as
    people try to access the room ( connect to the application instance ). After
    the start of this problem when we look in the admin console the live log for
    the application instance does not show any new connection attempts nor accept
    or failure to connect but the application instance registers the connection
    against the total connect to the application instance. People are unable to
    connect to this room. As they continue to try they increase the connection
    number registered for this application instance until the point that the
    application instance total connected takes us past our license limit. The
    application instance seems to register and collect the connections even though
    there is no connection to the application instance. We then start to see the
    logging of the license limit exceeded.

    Please note that there are no error/warning messages generated in logs that
    indicate anything has failed. We can only determine that a failure once we
    start to experience the symptoms described for the application instance.

    We have experienced this issue in the past with fcs. It was not until the last
    update of fcs that the probem went away. However, fms 2.0.0 onward has always
    had this issue for us.

    The problem with this issue is that it is difficult to create and study. We
    can go 1 hour and crash or we may have success for over two weeks.

    In an attempt to search for a solution to the problem we have started
    focussing on this comment in Adobe ?TechNote: [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/d47f06c6[/url]

    ?In Server.xml, find the ResourceLimits node (around line 181). It contains
    the Connector node (around line 203). Within the HTTP node (around line 205),
    create a new line and insert MaxConnectionThreads and give it an appropriate
    value:
    <MaxConnectionThreads>20</MaxConnectionThreads>
    The default is 10.?

    We have found that by adding the change to our HTTP node that we have lessened
    the frequency of our problem. Also, we have taken all remoting away from the
    time of connection. We now accept all connections and then do our work after
    connection.

    Another step we have taken to minimize the impact of this problem is to define
    the scope as ?inst? in the application.xml. By creating a separate fmscore.exe
    for each application instance it gives us the ability to correct a problem with
    a faulting application instances without disturbing our entire server traffic.

    Any further insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

    iGx

    iGx Guest

  7. #7

    Hi Dean,

    good to hear you liked my technote, but please adjust this setting very
    carefully - this setting wasn't originally doented, in my opinion for good
    reasons.

    One thing to note: All connections count against you license limit.

    If this technote helped, it may be the case that your FR calls take quite a
    long time and they pile up. You don't see these connections in the admin
    console. Use netstats or an equivalent system command to do further
    investigation.

    Check on the connection lifetime of your outbound calls - maybe you can do
    some performance tuning on the backend.

    Have you checked out the admin API to get more information from the server?

    mm_patrick Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Dean,

    I may have a solution to your problem - go contact me directly. I've left a private message in the forum with my email address.
    mm_patrick Guest

  9. #9

    Hi JW,

    can you cross-check the overall connections, including all conneciton types?
    With a minimum of 1000 connections to your child servers at any given time it
    does not sound improbable that you're hitting a true license limit.

    In general FMS doesn't really make a mistake when counting the license limits.
    Please be aware, that all connections count against your license limit -
    including HTTP, WebService, and RPC/FR calls.

    Please do some investigation on connections and their state - It should help
    to use netstat and the admin API to get more information about what's happening
    on your servers.

    The reason I am saying this is: In some revisions, and that's why I keep
    asking for the exact version numbers, there is a problem as FMS is counting
    rejected connections. Other customers have just wrong configurations and
    unused connections are staying open for too long.

    mm_patrick Guest