Professional Web Applications Themes

Link to external file - Macromedia Director 3D

Hi all, When i am giving link to externally to w3d files. Here while importing w3d file the media is "Link to External File ". and while creating projector the file type is director movie. When i am running the projector it showing error like director player problem. But its not showing any error when i am keeping the w3d file in external cast. So give solution while Link to External File for w3d. Thax for previous reply. yojana...

  1. #1

    Default Link to External File

    zeenu webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    hello shockmen!

    I have a problem with the external linked files. I ve made a 3D model which
    have some surfaces that can received images textures by clicking on icons.
    Those images are external jpg put in a directorie on the web.

    It seem that the way to link those external files don't work like flash does
    using relatives links.

    So my question is : there is a way to create external linked images with
    relative linking such as " /Images/12.jpg "
    to avoid the boring task to modified all the links of all images when a part
    of the URL change.

    Or maybe a way to dynamically modified the link of the filemane of the
    image?

    Any tips on the subject guys?

    frank Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Link to external file

    You can use the SW2 to SW9 parameters of the <OBJECT> and <EMBED> tags to
    pass external parameters on to the Shockwave movie. So, you could pass the
    baseURL of the image files by this way.

    Then, you just have to use the instructions externalParamCount(),
    externalParamName() and externalParamValue() to get the baseURL in a
    prepareMovie or startMovie handler of a movie script or in the first frame
    of the score on exitFrame.

    Cheers,
    Karl.

    Karl Sigiscar Guest

  4. #4

    Hello karl! happy new year!

    Your advices sound good but it seem to be hard to have complete info on this
    kind of procedure with the help topics of director or on the macromedia web
    site.

    So im a little confused to ask you this but may you give me an simple
    exemple?

    If i enderstand the global concept, the URL path for my images textures how
    are included in my castlib (external linked file) are writen in the HTML
    file and a lingo script in my startMovie is used to make it work. Hmm, has a
    flash user that s look a little tricky to use relative URL...

    Need help.

    François

    frank Guest