Professional Web Applications Themes

Link to site attached/fonts not showing as bold - HELP - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Here's a link to a site - not yet available for everyone to view. So you'll have to plug in the user name and password. http://beta.kutztown.edu/activities/kupas user name: beta password: barryallen The problem is the list on the left - all the blue text - minus the two lines under contact us - are supposed to be bold as well as the Performing Artists Series and Children's Series. This way they would show up more like headings and supheadings. I have "bold" selected in the style sheet but most people who look at it can't see the bold. It works ...

  1. #1

    Default Link to site attached/fonts not showing as bold - HELP

    Here's a link to a site - not yet available for everyone to view. So you'll have to plug in the user name and password.

    http://beta.kutztown.edu/activities/kupas
    user name: beta
    password: barryallen

    The problem is the list on the left - all the blue text - minus the two lines under contact us - are supposed to be
    bold as well as the Performing Artists Series and Children's Series. This way they would show up more like
    headings and supheadings. I have "bold" selected in the style sheet but most people who look at it can't see the
    bold. It works on my computer on netscape (but the fonts are showing up as Times rather then Arial).
    And on Explorer they show up as Arial but no bold.

    Also when you roll over the text it should change to a lighter shade of the color - it was workign for some and
    not for others.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Liz

    lorish Guest

  2. #2

    lorish wrote:

    After quick look:
    You might want to change name of the folder containing the style sheet
    from "Style Sheets" to e.g. "StyleSheets". The space between the words
    are probably causing some issues.

    HTH

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    http://www.vendel.info

    Dan Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks I'll give that a try

    lorish Guest

  4. #4

    Still no luck - I'm new to all this - this just get so frustrating.

    Thanks for your help!
    Liz

    lorish Guest

  5. #5

    In article <bgqp06$3ds$macromedia.com> , "lorish" <com>
    wrote:

    I can see this text as bold if I enlarge text one notch using browser
    controls. (IE5/Mac.) Browsers will not render text as bold below a certain
    size, even if you have styled it that way. Your text is just too small to
    show as bold in some browsers.

    -- James M. Shook
    http://www.jshook.com

    James Guest

  6. #6

    Is there a size you would recommend?

    I went through and changed all my styles to 15 with height of 17 and the only thing that shows as bold in
    IE is the children's series and subscription series - nothing else will show as bold.

    Thanks
    Liz

    lorish Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks for your help.

    I'm really new to all this code, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but I'll take a look and try to simplify
    what I have.

    Can I just open up my style sheet in simple text and edit the copy there, or do i have to go into the
    html file and do it in the source code?

    I thought that would be the easiet to edit it in simple text, but when I try to do that and save it,
    it just never saves it.

    I'm getting myself so confused.

    Thanks for your help!
    Liz

    lorish Guest

  8. #8

    Regarding your last post, if you're editing your style sheet in a text editor make sure you save it with a .css extension (the default is usually .txt)

    Stubob100 Guest

  9. #9

    In article <bgr12v$k0u$macromedia.com> , "lorish" <com>
    wrote:

    Well, it didn't take since I see the text as the same size as before.

    -- James M. Shook
    http://www.jshook.com

    James Guest

  10. #10

    Once a year I get to do this site and I pretty much teach myself how to do it. I've really had no formal training
    in web design - just print design. So I know there's a lot of isses with the way I do things and which is why
    this all confuses me. I'm not used to all the code - it's all trial and error I guess.

    So as far as default alignment - I'll have to check that out - I didn't realize I didn't specify it.
    I'm really such a moron with this all.

    Thank you so much for your help!
    liz

    lorish Guest

  11. #11

    thanks! I'll make sure I do that.

    Liz

    lorish Guest

  12. #12

    I don't have access to the files on the site - I had to give them a disk with everything on it.
    So I'm just going by what is happening on my computer at this point.
    I'm trying to tweak it on my end and hten give them a new disk.
    I'm still waiting to hear back from my client as well with any of their edits they may have.

    I'm going to try and make some of the code edits soem one else had eamield over and see if that helps.

    Thanks
    Liz

    lorish Guest