Professional Web Applications Themes

Linked Excel Files: Formatting, Sheets & Updating - Adobe Indesign Windows

I have noticed that ID does not respect the borders that are set in Excel. I use ID 2 and ID always creates a border around all cells whether they are in the Excel table or not. Hm-m-m-m-m-m....

  1. #1

    Default Re: Linked Excel Files: Formatting, Sheets & Updating

    ID._Awe@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    ID CS and CS2 respect the settings in Excel for borders. About the only
    thing it doesn't respect is a cell inset for top and bottom of less than
    4 points.

    Bob
    Bob_Levine Guest

  3. #3

    Well, that's good to know.

    Still concerned about continued activation problems with the recent CS products. Happy with what I've got, still sitting this out until it is clear Adobe can get it right. Hoping the MM merger will help them sort this out.
    ID._Awe@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    You're certainly entitled, but I think you're missing out on some
    seriously upgraded software based on a few reports.

    Bob
    Bob_Levine Guest

  5. #5

    What continued activation problems?

    I didn't work with activation with the CS version (because I work on a Mac). But the activation process has worked flawlessly for me with the CS2 versions of the Creative Suite products.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Steve,

    There are some folks reporting reactivation requests in the Photoshop
    Win forum.

    Bob
    Bob_Levine Guest

  7. #7

    Yeah, that's where its coming from, I spend a lot of time there. I am just assuming that the activation process would be the same quality for all the products.

    Who knows. I think waiting a month or so while I monitor the forums for activation problems would be worth the wait. I just don't want to get stuck on the weekend with no way to re-activate until Monday. It can be really costly with some projects.
    ID._Awe@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    It must be a Windows problem. I've been monitoring the InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop Mac forums. Not a problem I've read about.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Bob, Steve,

    I don't have any activation problems either (never had). But alas, a friend of mine is struggling for more than a week now to solve his activation problems. He bought the premium suite and the activation problem occurs with every program in the suite. Of course he is in contact with Adobe support, but until now no success.

    (The strange thing is that he uses exactly the same machine as one of mine. And on my machine everything works fine. So it has to be a driver or software conflict/problem.)

    Teus de Jong
    Teus_de_Jong@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    OK, related question to original post. Does ID CS2 allow you to export tables as an Excel spreadsheet?
    ID._Awe@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Drag and drop right to Excel.

    Tempted to upgrade now? :)

    Bob
    Bob_Levine Guest

  12. #12

    BTW, you can also copy/paste from ID.

    Note that I'm testing this all with ID CS2 and Excel 2003.

    Bob
    Bob_Levine Guest

  13. #13

    Was tempted before, still gonna' wait a month or so. Surprised it has been really quiet regarding CS2, not even hullabaloos.
    ID._Awe@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    The quiet power of InDesign CS2! It doesn't have to be noisy to be powerful and productive.
    Steve_Werner@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    I've been a big fan of ID since it's release, although v1 was pretty flakey. The update to v1.5 was welcome, but still had problems with correctly converting fonts to curves and dropshadows ing up text and background colours. V2 (which is what I am still using) is very powerful. Yeah, CS2 will be welcome in my software stable next month.

    I understand the quietness to indicate that this is a good, stable release. There a number of things that I looking forward to enjoying with this software after the abysmal Quark 6.5 release.
    ID._Awe@adobeforums.com Guest