Professional Web Applications Themes

Linking pages - Web Design

hi, i am not able to view the pages that are linked in the web site design file. I have set up hyperlinks to each page through hyperlinked words on the home page but it does not go to the instructed pages. I have tried everything and am about to give up. here is my site if you want to see: [url]www.laura.stadlder.com[/url] you can see there are links there but they don't work. what do i need to do to get the pages linked up? HELP!...

  1. #1

    Default Linking pages

    hi,

    i am not able to view the pages that are linked in the
    web site design file. I have set up hyperlinks to each
    page through hyperlinked words on the home page but it
    does not go to the instructed pages. I have tried
    everything and am about to give up.

    here is my site if you want to see:

    [url]www.laura.stadlder.com[/url]

    you can see there are links there but they don't work.
    what do i need to do to get the pages linked up?

    HELP!

    Dynastar Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Linking pages

    the url you provided is incorrect, but I figured it out.

    First thing I noted about your page is that you are using version 2002 in
    it's original build. The first thing you need to do is to install Service
    Pack 1 and Service Pack 2. You will want to educate yourself on why and how,
    you can do that by going to [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002.htm[/url] and
    reading the first 4 articles.
    I also recommend you review the FAQ page.
    Once you've gotten this completed you can review link error issues if they
    still exist.
    The FAQ page covers typical reasons for links not working. One of the most
    common is to apply a "fill" to a text box with a hyperlink. That is not
    supported in this version.
    I did note that it appeared that your links were addressed locally rather
    than to the server.
    This error can occur if the Master Page is used in a web publication. The
    Master Page is for print publications and not supported in web publications.
    If you are using a Master page you will have to stop using it to resolve the
    issue.

    By installing the Service packs, and reviewing the doentation on my site,
    and reviewing prior threads in this newsgroup you will be able to resolve
    current issues and prevent future ones.

    --
    David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]

    "Dynastar" <lbstadlerjensen.mail.dk> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > i am not able to view the pages that are linked in the
    > web site design file. I have set up hyperlinks to each
    > page through hyperlinked words on the home page but it
    > does not go to the instructed pages. I have tried
    > everything and am about to give up.
    >
    > here is my site if you want to see:
    >
    > [url]www.laura.stadlder.com[/url]
    >
    > you can see there are links there but they don't work.
    > what do i need to do to get the pages linked up?
    >
    > HELP!

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,
    Does anyone know how I would make a header, like using columns to place at the
    top of each page of our website, and have each page linked. So like when people
    go to our home page, they see the header at top, "cabins, rates & reservations,
    amenities, etc" and they could click on anyone of those to take them to that
    page.

    Our website is [email]cabinssevenfoxes.com[/email] if you need to see what I am talking
    about.

    I have a new page temp set up, and I created a table with columns and have
    each name in column, but not sure how to make each one link to the other??

    Thanks,
    Linda

    LBergamini Guest