Professional Web Applications Themes

Links not working? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I am using some templates for a new website. I have a button bar as part of the template. As I am assigning page links in the template to the button bar, it worked on the home page, but not the linked page. I made sure the link in the button links to my page website http://www.nascarbigandtall.com/clothing/jackets.htm button on this page that reads jackets should point to: http://www.nascarbigandtall.com/clothing/jackets.htm it doesnt. I updated the template and such. Am I missing something?Basically the button on the jacket page should just refresh that page. Instead it goes to a dead link....

  1. #1

    Default Links not working?

    I am using some templates for a new website. I have a button bar as part of the template. As I am assigning page links in the template to the button bar, it worked on the home page, but not the linked page.

    I made sure the link in the button links to my page

    website
    http://www.nascarbigandtall.com/clothing/jackets.htm

    button on this page that reads jackets should point to:
    http://www.nascarbigandtall.com/clothing/jackets.htm

    it doesnt. I updated the template and such. Am I missing something?Basically the button on the jacket page should just refresh that page. Instead it goes to a dead link.

    robertw4771 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Links not working?

    osgood wrote:

    > Thats because the link for that button is pointing to the page below,
    > which is not on the server? Open your original template file that the
    > page was created from and see what the link says for that particular
    > button.
    >
    > ../images/modifications
    >[/ref]
    oopps should have said pointing to this page. I still cant find it.

    .../modifications.html

    osgood Guest

  3. #3

    The problem is the main page link is fine. When I get to the linked page the button doesnt work. The link shows correctly in the template. Thanks ROb

    robertw4771 Guest

  4. #4

    Rob:

    Just post a URL. The answer will be in the code.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "robertw4771" <com> wrote in message
    the button doesnt work. The link shows correctly in the template. Thanks
    ROb

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    Murray *TMM* wrote:

    hehehe Im lost now because I cant get to the linked page. The button has
    a differnt url call on it to the original url supplied, so it wont
    refresh of course. The answer as you say is probably in the .dwt file I
    would think..

    osgood Guest

  6. #6

    http://www.nascarbigandtall.com/clothing/jackets.htm

    The page loads from the web button on the home page but it the button is hit on the actual product page it comes up dead. I have already edited the DWT to show the correct link..

    Rob

    Referring URLs

  7. #7

    Now I'm lost. What do I do with this link? And what question am I trying
    to answer? What web button? Which actual product page?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  8. #8

    If I go from the front page to one of the product pages and click the product button which should reload that same product page, it com3es up as a dead link.

    thanks
    rob

    robertw4771 Guest

  9. #9

    I'm still confused.

    On the left of the page that you have linked, I see (links from these
    buttons are shown in parentheses) -

    HOME (index.html)
    NASCAR TEES (modifications.html)
    NASCAR JACKETS (stylesheets.html)
    NASCAR CAPS (customize.html)
    UNIFORM SHIRTS (purchase.html)
    KEYCHAINS (contact.html)
    WHAT'S NEW! (links.html)
    COLLECTIBLES (morelinks.html)
    CATALOG (example.html)
    NEWS (moreexamples.html)
    EMAIL (mailto:net)

    As far as I can tell, all of these (except the HOME and the EMAIL) are dead
    links (i.e., the pages are not found at the location pointed to by the
    link). I am a little confused since the links pagenames have no
    relationship to the button's information. So which one is the product link
    that you refer to below?

    In addition, if I press the HOME button, I am taken to a page where there
    appers to be a complete correspondence between the button's name and the
    linked page. Is that what you mean?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575