Professional Web Applications Themes

Links not working with rollover - Macromedia Director Basics

I have a button with a rollover that is supposed to jump the user to another section of the score when clicked. I don't see why I would need any conplex code, but the basic lingo I've won't jump to another section. The rollover works, but not the link. The code I used is as follows: (Script for Sprite 2) on mouseEnter set the visible of sprite 9 to TRUE end on mouseLeave set the visible of sprite 9 to FALSE end (Script for Sprite 9) on mouseUp me go to frame "Multimedia" end mouseUp If anyone can see what ...

  1. #1

    Default Links not working with rollover

    I have a button with a rollover that is supposed to jump the user to another section of the score when clicked.

    I don't see why I would need any conplex code, but the basic lingo I've won't jump to another section. The rollover works, but not the link.

    The code I used is as follows:

    (Script for Sprite 2)
    on mouseEnter
    set the visible of sprite 9 to TRUE
    end

    on mouseLeave
    set the visible of sprite 9 to FALSE
    end

    (Script for Sprite 9)
    on mouseUp me
    go to frame "Multimedia"
    end mouseUp

    If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate the help.
    Thanks

    johnsobey webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Links not working with rollover

    This is a tricky one...
    This script won´t work because making a sprite NOT visible stops that sprite
    form detecting events.

    When ARE OVER sprite 2 you make sprite 9 VISIBLE
    When you ARE OUT of sprite 2 you make sprite 9 INVISIBLE ok?

    So there´s no way for you to able to click or mouseUp sprite 9 ever...
    because It will always be invisible. In order for you to mouseUp sprite 9
    it needs to be VISIBLE and in order for it to be VISIBLE you must be OVER
    sprite 2 and being over sprite 2 doesn´t allow you to mouseUp sprite 9 which
    brings us back to the beggining.

    If you tell me what visual effect are you tring to achieve I would be more
    than glad to help you.

    ='o'= Arturo ='o'=

    "johnsobey" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > I have a button with a rollover that is supposed to jump the user to
    another section of the score when clicked.

    > I don't see why I would need any conplex code, but the basic lingo I've
    won't jump to another section. The rollover works, but not the link.

    > The code I used is as follows:
    >
    > (Script for Sprite 2)
    > on mouseEnter
    > set the visible of sprite 9 to TRUE
    > end
    >
    > on mouseLeave
    > set the visible of sprite 9 to FALSE
    > end
    >

    > (Script for Sprite 9)
    > on mouseUp me
    > go to frame "Multimedia"
    > end mouseUp
    >

    > If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate the help.
    > Thanks

    Arturo Toledo Guest

  3. #3

    Arturo is right - use blend instead of visible. If you set the blend to 0,
    the sprite will still receive events.

    --

    Dave
    [url]http://www.blurredistinction.com/director[/url]

    Dave Mennenoh Guest

  4. #4

    I changed the Lingo to use the Blend property instead of Visible.

    However, the code to jump to another area of the score still doesn't work. I've placed the code in every possible sprite, but no matter where it's placed, it won't work.

    Thanks for the help so far!

    johnsobey webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    You should at least have a script in the frame you are heading to... so you
    can tell if it works or not...

    place this script in the frame you want to get into:

    on exitFrame
    go to the frame
    put "I GOT HERE!!"
    end

    Look at the Message window and see your I got here message... If you don´t
    see it then something´s wrong.

    Arturo

    > I changed the Lingo to use the Blend property instead of Visible.
    >
    > However, the code to jump to another area of the score still doesn't work.
    I've placed the code in every possible sprite, but no matter where it's
    placed, it won't work.

    > Thanks for the help so far!

    Arturo Toledo Guest

  6. #6

    > However, the code to jump to another area of the score still doesn't work.

    Is it possible the frame is not labelled precisely "Multimedia"? Watch out for
    leading/trailing spaces.

    Type

    go "Multimedia"

    in the message window. Does it go there?

    Andrew

    Andrew Morton Guest