Professional Web Applications Themes

Links pallette ID2 showing filename that isn't there - Adobe Indesign Windows

I recently sent an InDesign 2 PC)file to the printer and they rang me to advise of a missing link (cover2.tif). I did a Preflight and Package before I sent the InDesign file to the printer and no problems showed up. cover2.tif didn't appear in the report, which is correct as it wasn't placed in the doent but the file name appears in the Links pallette with no page number allocated. I can't delete the file from the Links pallette. To double-check that the tif file wasn't in the doent I deleted every object one by one. cover2.tif wasn't anywhere ...

  1. #1

    Default Links pallette ID2 showing filename that isn't there

    I recently sent an InDesign 2 PC)file to the printer and they rang me to advise of a missing link (cover2.tif). I did a Preflight and Package before I sent the InDesign file to the printer and no problems showed up. cover2.tif didn't appear in the report, which is correct as it wasn't placed in the doent but the file name appears in the Links pallette with no page number allocated. I can't delete the file from the Links pallette. To double-check that the tif file wasn't in the doent I deleted every object one by one. cover2.tif wasn't anywhere to be found. I also checked the master pages. I thought Preflight would have picked up any anomalies with the Links.

    I don't really know how this happened. I must have placed cover2.tif in the InDesign doent early on and then deleted it but the file didn't delete itself from the Links pallette.

    Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know how to get rid of this phantom file from the Links pallette.
    Kathleen_Julian@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    I just had this very same thing happen for the first time ever - a file name
    in the links palette that is not present in the doent, cannot be removed,
    and has no page number assigned.

    I tried placing the file and deleting it - a new link was listed and
    deleted, but the old one remained. I tried updating the link with a new
    filename, but that didn't work either.

    I'm using ID 2.0.2 on a WinXP system. My doc hasn't gone to press yet, and
    I'm very worried about what will happen when it does!

    Peggy

    Peggy_Coquet@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Odd behavior. As an experiment, try to simply embed the link.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  4. #4

    I tried embedding the link via the Links Pallette and the embedded symbol appeared. The object didn't appear in the layout and can't be deleted from the links pallette. I also tried replacing the link like Peggy and I got the same result.
    Kathleen_Julian@adobeforums.com Guest