Professional Web Applications Themes

Links reqd to good flashgun review sites - Photography

Need find good flashgun sites Any links to decent flashgun review sites please, e.g. approaching flashguns like dpreview approach body reviews ...sites that show test comparison shots , not too blinding with science, definitely not having any means of selling you anything on the site. I am looking for a site that compares Speedlite 580ex to Metz54/m3 mount on and off a Canon 20D. Will they illuminate subject 2ft away (ring flash shadow no use to me,need shadows under subject) Also 580ex and 420ex(as slave)working together both off camera and how this compares to two metz guns both off camera ...

  1. #1

    Default Links reqd to good flashgun review sites

    Need find good flashgun sites
    Any links to decent flashgun review sites please, e.g. approaching
    flashguns
    like dpreview approach body reviews ...sites that show test comparison
    shots
    , not too blinding with science, definitely not having any means of
    selling
    you anything on the site.

    I am looking for a site that compares Speedlite 580ex to Metz54/m3
    mount on and off a Canon 20D. Will they illuminate subject 2ft away
    (ring flash shadow no use to me,need shadows under subject) Also 580ex
    and 420ex(as slave)working together both off camera and how this
    compares to two metz guns both off camera in wireless mode.

    Ditto but for Nikon D70 and its SB800 and 600 fguns.

    My choice of 20D or D70 may now be decided by flashgun choice,
    supposed inconsistent results of 580EX has me perhaps rethinking (very
    long thread in dpreview site) , SB800 and D70 sounds stable, not sure
    if two Metzs operate intelligently off camera (awaiting Metz feedback
    on this)and I need such a review site or someone with all the kit to
    answer this lot ! Not something to do in a shop and they dont stock
    Metz here or M3 mount anyway.

    Testing to be under E-TTL 2 as well as manual and auto sensor on
    flashgun

    Thanks in advance
    Steve
    envirographics Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Links reqd to good flashgun review sites

    Hi All
    Just bought my wife the SB800 for her D70 - excellent deal and Company to
    deal with if you're in UK (no connections) - let me know. She is just
    getting used to it / along with the camera, but the combination looks quite
    stunning. Even in fairly basic form it can illuminate an old building near
    me (in the country) in pitch black nightime at 125ft. Last night she was
    taking some pictures in-doors and again in a fairly basic mode she got some
    good photos with no flash shadows, well illuminated.
    Looks an amazing combination. Expensive, but you get what you pay for!?
    I hope that helps a little.

    UnoWhoo Guest

  3. #3

    Hi
    Also have a review of D70/SB800 combination in Professional image maker mag.
    If anyone interested?
    Regards
    U W

    UnoWhoo Guest

  4. #4

    Try http://www.shootsmarter.com/infocenter/wc031.htm
    Requires free registration. The test is of evenness of exposure and
    does not include sample images.

    To summarize:

    Canon 550 EX: We're sorry to report that this flash just isn't up to
    par in TTL mode on the bodies we tested, and it does not have an AUTO
    mode.

    Metz 54mz4: A solid, all around performer with lots of features. We
    think this flash is great to work with and now own 3 of them. It's
    only weakness is the shoe mount is a little weak for a large shoe
    flash.

    Tom Nelson
    Tom Nelson Photography

    In article <google.com>,