Professional Web Applications Themes

Linksys problem - Mac Networking

In article <BC54EB6C.723D%net>, efb <net> wrote:   What model of linksys router are you using?...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Linksys problem

    In article <BC54EB6C.723D%net>, efb
    <net> wrote:
     


    What model of linksys router are you using?
    Mark Guest

  2. #2

    Default Linksys problem

    I have a Linksys router with 2 Macs and a PC on the network. All was well
    until my cable modem went bad. Now the new modem will connect directly to
    the computers, but doesn't seem to like the router. The lights for the
    computers are lit on the router, so I assume hat's OK. I would seem to me
    the problem is between the modem and the router. I've tried changing the
    connecting cable. Nothing seems to work. I don't know what else to try. My
    main computer is an Imac with OS 10.2.8. The modem is a Terayon. PLEASE help
    if you can.
    Thanks very much.

    efb Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Linksys problem

    My router is a Wireless Access Point Router BEFW11S4. I bought it to use for
    a wireless network. That didn't work because of a structural problem in my
    house. So now we have a wired network, and use that router. I hope this
    explains the situation. Thanks in advance.

    efb Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Linksys problem

    In article <BC54EB6C.723D%net>,
    efb <net> wrote:
     

    Are you sure your Linksys WAN port is still Good?

    When you say your cable modem went bad. how did that happen. lightning
    stike? Other.

    I'm asking if maybe whatever took out your cable modem possibily took
    out your WAN port on your Linksys router.

    Then again, I don't have a clue, I'm just speculating.

    Bob Harris
    Bob Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: Linksys problem

    My cable modem had been cutting off frequently for a week. Then finally it
    just wouldn't work at all. The cable company replaced it. I assume the WAN
    port on the router is OK, since the lights indicate it "sees" the computers
    that are on.
    On the router the WLAN Link light is on, but WLAN Act light is off.

    On the WAN light row, the Link light is on, and also the Act light, but not
    the Diag light.

    Thank you very much for any help or advice.


    efb Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Linksys problem

    [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see
    the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

    In article <BC550EBD.7243%net>, efb
    <net> wrote:
     


    Can you pull up the router configuration page on your web browser?
    http://192.168.1.1/

    Also have you tried cloning the mac address of one of your machines on
    the router? This can be done through the browser if in fact you can
    pull up the configuration page.

    --
    "All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song."

    - Louis Armstrong
    Mark Guest

  7. #7

    Default Re: Linksys problem

    In article <BC54EB6C.723D%net>, efb
    <net> wrote:
     


    power off the linksys (disconnect cable modem first)....then reset button
    on router.
    Smokerz Guest

Similar Threads

  1. Earthlink/Linksys NNTP problem
    By Andy Walton in forum Mac Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 6th, 07:17 PM
  2. Linksys firmware bug
    By David C. in forum Mac Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 29th, 02:39 AM
  3. Linksys BEFCMU10
    By Sumit Dhar in forum Mac Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 2nd, 04:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139