On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:24:46 GMT, Lucius Chiaraviglio
<luciusonechapter.net> wrote:
> I tried to make a boot/root disk for my Linux From Scratch 4.1/Beyond
> Linux From Scratch 1.0 system according to the instructions given at both
> [url]http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/view/1.0/postlfs/bootdisk.html[/url] and
> [url]http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/pdf/Bootdisk-HOWTO.pdf[/url]
>
> # Format floppy disk to 1722 Kibytes.
> fdformat /dev/fd0u1722
>
> # Transfer kernel to floppy disk; record size in 1 Kibyte blocks.
> dd if=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21 of=/dev/floppy/0 bs=1k
Check your kernel doentation. I think the latest Linux kernels don't
support booting without a boot loader (lilo, grub or syslinux). Toms
Root Boot uses lilo.

--
Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:
No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats --