Hi,

I'm working on an application where I need to load data from an external
textfile. The text-file is made by an excel-file, that is saved as Text,
with a tab as the field delimiter.

I have a temp-table, into which I load this textfile, using:

LOAD DATA INFILE textfile.txt
INTO TABLE temp_table

The number of columns in the textfile matches the number of columns in
the table, and importing like this works fine.

What I do not know is if I need to escape any characters in the textfile
(that could corrupt this LOAD DATA INFILE-action somehow), like single
quotes, commas etc. before importing the file?

Which characters do I need to escape for this to work properly?
Other tips or suggestions are also very welcome!

Thanks,

Job