Not sure I understand you fully, but it sounds like you want to build a custom Designer for your control. If so, see: [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp[/url] -- HTH, Kevin Spencer Microsoft MVP ..Net Developer [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url] Big things are made up of lots of little things. "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message news:OvdzpheUDHA.2192TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello All, > > I have designed and built a web control that loads a user control at run > time. The question I have is, can I Load the user control in design view? > Any Ideas or code snippets would be really useful. > > Thanks a bunch ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Loading a user controls in Design View

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    Big things are made up of
    lots of little things.

    "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have designed and built a web control that loads a user control at run
    > time. The question I have is, can I Load the user control in design view?
    > Any Ideas or code snippets would be really useful.
    >
    > Thanks a bunch
    >
    > oneeye

    Kevin Spencer Guest

  2. #2

    Not sure I understand you fully, but it sounds like you want to build a
    custom Designer for your control. If so, see:

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp[/url]

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    Big things are made up of
    lots of little things.

    "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have designed and built a web control that loads a user control at run
    > time. The question I have is, can I Load the user control in design view?
    > Any Ideas or code snippets would be really useful.
    >
    > Thanks a bunch
    >
    > oneeye

    Kevin Spencer Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Kevin

    Thanks for your response. The question I asked badly is really about loading
    a UserControl in design view.

    At runtime my Web Control loads a user control that is specified by one of
    it's properties. How do I get the web control to load the User Control when
    loaded in the designer ? is this possible??

    Cheers

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/htm[/url]
    l/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp

    > --
    > HTH,
    >
    > Kevin Spencer
    > Microsoft MVP
    > .Net Developer
    > [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    > Big things are made up of
    > lots of little things.
    >
    > "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hello All,
    > >
    > > I have designed and built a web control that loads a user control at run
    > > time. The question I have is, can I Load the user control in design
    view?
    > > Any Ideas or code snippets would be really useful.
    > >
    > > Thanks a bunch
    > >
    > > oneeye

    oneeye Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Kevin

    Thanks for your response. The question I asked badly is really about loading
    a UserControl in design view.

    At runtime my Web Control loads a user control that is specified by one of
    it's properties. How do I get the web control to load the User Control when
    loaded in the designer ? is this possible??

    Cheers

    "Kevin Spencer" <kevintakempis.com> wrote in message
    > Not sure I understand you fully, but it sounds like you want to build a
    > custom Designer for your control. If so, see:

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/htm[/url]
    l/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp

    > --
    > HTH,
    >
    > Kevin Spencer
    > Microsoft MVP
    > .Net Developer
    > [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    > Big things are made up of
    > lots of little things.
    >
    > "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hello All,
    > >
    > > I have designed and built a web control that loads a user control at run
    > > time. The question I have is, can I Load the user control in design
    view?
    > > Any Ideas or code snippets would be really useful.
    > >
    > > Thanks a bunch
    > >
    > > oneeye

    oneeye Guest

  7. #7

    You might want to look at the thread "Control Lifetime Radically Different
    in Design Mode - Doented?" in
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingc ontrols on 19-Jul-2003.
    --
    John Saunders
    Internet Engineer

    > Hi Kevin
    >
    > Thanks for your response. The question I asked badly is really about
    > a UserControl in design view.
    >
    > At runtime my Web Control loads a user control that is specified by one of
    > it's properties. How do I get the web control to load the User Control
    when
    > loaded in the designer ? is this possible??
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > "Kevin Spencer" <kevintakempis.com> wrote in message
    > > Not sure I understand you fully, but it sounds like you want to build a
    > > custom Designer for your control. If so, see:

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/htm[/url]
    > l/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp
    > >
    > > --
    > > HTH,
    > >
    > > Kevin Spencer
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > .Net Developer
    > > [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    > > Big things are made up of
    > > lots of little things.
    > >
    > > "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hello All,
    > > >
    > > > I have designed and built a web control that loads a user control at
    run
    > > > time. The question I have is, can I Load the user control in design
    > view?
    > > > Any Ideas or code snippets would be really useful.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks a bunch
    > > >
    > > > oneeye

    John Saunders Guest

  8. #8

    You might want to look at the thread "Control Lifetime Radically Different
    in Design Mode - Doented?" in
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingc ontrols on 19-Jul-2003.
    --
    John Saunders
    Internet Engineer
    [email]john.saunderssurfcontrol.com[/email]

    "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi Kevin
    >
    > Thanks for your response. The question I asked badly is really about
    > a UserControl in design view.
    >
    > At runtime my Web Control loads a user control that is specified by one of
    > it's properties. How do I get the web control to load the User Control
    when
    > loaded in the designer ? is this possible??
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > "Kevin Spencer" <kevintakempis.com> wrote in message
    > > Not sure I understand you fully, but it sounds like you want to build a
    > > custom Designer for your control. If so, see:

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/htm[/url]
    > l/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp
    > >
    > > --
    > > HTH,
    > >
    > > Kevin Spencer
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > .Net Developer
    > > [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    > > Big things are made up of
    > > lots of little things.
    > >
    > > "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Hello All,
    > > >
    > > > I have designed and built a web control that loads a user control at
    run
    > > > time. The question I have is, can I Load the user control in design
    > view?
    > > > Any Ideas or code snippets would be really useful.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks a bunch
    > > >
    > > > oneeye

    John Saunders Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks for your responses

    Oneeye
    > In the designer, nothing gets "loaded." How can something be loaded when
    the
    > app isn't running? But you can emulate that by using a custom Designer
    class
    > for your control. That's why I gave you the link.
    >
    > --
    > HTH,
    >
    > Kevin Spencer
    > Microsoft MVP
    > .Net Developer
    > [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    > Big things are made up of
    > lots of little things.
    >
    > "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi Kevin
    > >
    > > Thanks for your response. The question I asked badly is really about
    > > a UserControl in design view.
    > >
    > > At runtime my Web Control loads a user control that is specified by one
    of
    > > it's properties. How do I get the web control to load the User Control
    > when
    > > loaded in the designer ? is this possible??
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > > "Kevin Spencer" <kevintakempis.com> wrote in message
    > > > Not sure I understand you fully, but it sounds like you want to build
    > > > custom Designer for your control. If so, see:

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/htm[/url]
    > > l/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > HTH,
    > > >
    > > > Kevin Spencer
    > > > Microsoft MVP
    > > > .Net Developer
    > > > [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    > > > Big things are made up of
    > > > lots of little things.
    > > >
    > > > "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message

    > run
    > > view?

    oneeye Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks for your responses

    Oneeye
    "Kevin Spencer" <kevintakempis.com> wrote in message
    > In the designer, nothing gets "loaded." How can something be loaded when
    the
    > app isn't running? But you can emulate that by using a custom Designer
    class
    > for your control. That's why I gave you the link.
    >
    > --
    > HTH,
    >
    > Kevin Spencer
    > Microsoft MVP
    > .Net Developer
    > [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    > Big things are made up of
    > lots of little things.
    >
    > "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Hi Kevin
    > >
    > > Thanks for your response. The question I asked badly is really about
    > > a UserControl in design view.
    > >
    > > At runtime my Web Control loads a user control that is specified by one
    of
    > > it's properties. How do I get the web control to load the User Control
    > when
    > > loaded in the designer ? is this possible??
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > > "Kevin Spencer" <kevintakempis.com> wrote in message
    > > > Not sure I understand you fully, but it sounds like you want to build
    > > > custom Designer for your control. If so, see:

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/htm[/url]
    > > l/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > HTH,
    > > >
    > > > Kevin Spencer
    > > > Microsoft MVP
    > > > .Net Developer
    > > > [url]http://www.takempis.com[/url]
    > > > Big things are made up of
    > > > lots of little things.
    > > >
    > > > "oneeye" <jide.sanuossys.co.uk> wrote in message

    > run
    > > view?

    oneeye Guest