i want to receive few falues from a php3 file into director.How can i do that? loadvariables is a option in flash...hope to get a similar command in director...

  1. #1

    Default loading php3 into director

    mickybhai webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: loading php3 into director

    "mickybhai" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > i want to receive few falues from a php3 file into director.How can i do that?
    > loadvariables is a option in flash...hope to get a similar command in director
    I´m sure that if you ask this in macromedia.director.multiuser, you´ll
    get a great answer ;) Don´t hesitate. Post it there!

    Have a nice weekend.
    --
    Agustín María Rodríguez | [email]agustinOnWine.com.ar[/email] | [url]www.OnWine.com.ar[/url]

    Agustín María Rodríguez Guest

  3. #3

    Hey, Agustin, I'm on vacations!!... I think ;-)

    Besides, this sounds as a standard post/getNetText issue.
    example:

    netID=getNetText ("http://goMU.rebus.gr/test.htm")
    -- issue the command, and store the id it returns in a parameter. You can
    include standard parameters (?something=value&somethingElse=value2....)
    put getStreamStatus(netID)
    -- this will return a propList with the status of the netID specified
    if netDone(netID) then put netTextResult(netID)
    -- this will return the retrieved text. You can then p it to get the
    results.

    Just keep in mind that you 'll have to check for the status (netDone)
    manually (e.g. in an on exitFrame handler)- there is no automatic callback
    for net operations.
    Also, make sure that you check the getStreamStatus[#error] property before
    displaying the result. What you should get for a successfull net operation
    is "OK", while in certain cases an empty string was returned - perhaps it
    was a certain version of the player, can't recall..

    Genaral notes: Director's net operations don't return the full http
    headers - this includes cookies, which is the reason that you can't work
    with sessions in authoring mode.

    I think that Luke had posted a full example on this recently.
    And there always is google:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=getNetText&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_ugroup=macromedia.director.lingo[/url]

    "Agustín María Rodríguez" <agustinonwine.com.ar> wrote in message
    > "mickybhai" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > > i want to receive few falues from a php3 file into director.How can i do
    that?
    > > loadvariables is a option in flash...hope to get a similar command in
    director

    > I´m sure that if you ask this in macromedia.director.multiuser, you´ll
    > get a great answer ;) Don´t hesitate. Post it there!
    >
    > Have a nice weekend.
    > --
    > Agustín María Rodríguez | [email]agustinOnWine.com.ar[/email] | [url]www.OnWine.com.ar[/url]

    alchemist Guest

  4. #4

    alchemist wrote:
    > Hey, Agustin, I'm on vacations!!... I think ;-)
    Hiya!! I thought nerds didn´t have that luck :P Look at me...
    programming lightMaps stuff on saturday and not snowboarding with my
    friends next month cos deadlines :(

    Nerd´s lifestyle is tough :D

  5. #5

    > Nerd´s lifestyle
    Haha.. Funny.. Never been called that way.
    As for your snowboarding thing though, I guess that if you really wanna do
    it, you'll find the time to.
    If, on the other hand, at the present phase you just like the sound of it,
    well... Happy modeling.. ;-)

  6. #6

    It's not as easy as doing it in Flash, but it can be done. Unfortunately (keep in mind I haven't used MX yet, but I'm fairly sure this is the case, please correct me someone if I'm wrong) you can't do this with one simple command.

    You have to set up a page manually in php and p it after it reaches the director movie. I would set up a communication object. Look up the getNetText and postNetText commands. I wrote something similar that pd a page from ASP, but it could come from any source if it was in the right format.

    So, to answer your question, yes it can be done, but no, there's no simple way to do it. If you have simple variables it wouldn't be that hard, but if you have variables with lots of text and funny characters, then you'll need a decent parsing routine in Lingo.

    tgilmour webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest