Describes the mood or content of the topic posted 11-22-06 04:41 PM
I am using Flash 8 and loading external text files in dynamic text fields on
my webage. These texts contain html links (<a href="page.html"
target="_blank">Click Here</a> and I have "render as HTML" on and "selectable"
off in my dynamic text field. Also, I am loading a CSS file. Not only do I not
have a hand cursor, but I do not even have any of the text from that piece of
html code down. What is going on with this? Please respond asap, as I have been
struggling with this for a day now. Here is the Actionscript for loading the
CSS:

var flash_css = new TextField.StyleSheet();
flash_css.load("styles.css");
flash_css.onLoad = function(success:Boolean) {
if (success) {
zloc_txt.styleSheet = flash_css;
} else {
trace("Error loading CSS file.");
}
};

var zloc_lv:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
zloc_lv.load("zloc.txt");
zloc_lv.onLoad = function(success:Boolean) {
if (success) {
zloc_txt.text = this.content;
} else {
trace("unable to load text file.");
}
};
zloc_txt.html = true;
zloc_txt.editable = false;
_global.styles.TextArea.setStyle("backgroundColor" , "transparent");
_global.styles.TextArea.setStyle("border styles" , "solid");

Here is a sample of the text file code:

&content=<span class="headline">Northwest Arkansas Locations</span>
121 Main St.
Russellville, AK 77801
(626) 111-1111<br />

Thanks for the help,