Temporary DBSpace from DBSPACETEMP Create Temp Table --> normal DBSpace from DBSPACETEMP (or dbspace of current database, if a normal dbspace is not specified) Select...into temp with no log ---> Round Robin over dbspaces in DBSPACETEMP. Select...into temp --> normal DBSpace from DBSPACETEMP (or dbspace of current database, if a normal dbspace is not specified) Sorts will use the Temporary dbspaces in DBSPACETEMP. If not set, then will use rootdbs. Hope I got that all correct! :-) Michael Hoffman In article, Andy Kent mentioned that: : According to the documentation of the SET TEMP TABLE_SPACE statement, : "When the CREATE TABLE or CREATE Temporary TABLE statement includes no : fragmentation clause, the database server uses the dbspace of the : current : database as the default storage location." : I thought it used DBSPACETEMP. Does the above comment only apply to : XPS and / or 9.x or have I been making an incorrect assumption? : Andy Kent : Email: andykentATfreeukDOTcom. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Michael [ip] => mrh@panix.com [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 3 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Location of temp tables - Informix

Location of temp tables - Informix

According to the doentation of the SET TEMP TABLE_SPACE statement, "When the CREATE TABLE or CREATE Temporary TABLE statement includes no fragmentation clause, the database server uses the dbspace of the current database as the default storage location." I thought it used DBSPACETEMP. Does the above comment only apply to XPS and / or 9.x or have I been making an incorrect assumption? Andy Kent Email: andykentATfreeukDOTcom....

Default Location of temp tables

According to the doentation of the SET TEMP TABLE_SPACE statement,

"When the CREATE TABLE or CREATE Temporary TABLE statement includes no
    fragmentation clause, the database server uses the dbspace of the
    current
    database as the default storage location."

I thought it used DBSPACETEMP. Does the above comment only apply to
    XPS and / or 9.x or have I been making an incorrect assumption?

Andy Kent
    Email: andykentATfreeukDOTcom.
    Andy Guest

Default Re: Location of temp tables

net (Andy Kent) wrote in message news:<google.com>... 

Create temp table test_temp(
    id serial ) ;

On my 9.21 database when I create a temp table it uses the current
    default dbspace for the database.
    My envs:
    DBTEMP=/usr/local/db_space/informix_temp
    PSORT_DBTEMP=/usr/local/db_space/informix_temp

Now when I do

Create temp table test_temp(
    id serial ) with no log ;

It still puts it in the same spot. I thought in fact that this worked
    differently. Oh well.
    Curtis Guest

Default Re: Location of temp tables

In IDS 7.3, Temp tables will use the DBSPACETEMP in the following way:
    Create Temp Table with no log --> Temporary DBSpace from DBSPACETEMP

Create Temp Table --> normal DBSpace from DBSPACETEMP (or dbspace of current
    database, if a normal dbspace is not specified)

Select...into temp with no log ---> Round Robin over dbspaces in DBSPACETEMP.

Select...into temp --> normal DBSpace from DBSPACETEMP (or dbspace of current
    database, if a normal dbspace is not specified)

Sorts will use the Temporary dbspaces in DBSPACETEMP. If not set, then will
    use rootdbs.

Hope I got that all correct! :-)

Michael Hoffman

In <google.com> article, Andy Kent mentioned that:
    : According to the doentation of the SET TEMP TABLE_SPACE statement,

: "When the CREATE TABLE or CREATE Temporary TABLE statement includes no
    : fragmentation clause, the database server uses the dbspace of the
    : current
    : database as the default storage location."

: I thought it used DBSPACETEMP. Does the above comment only apply to
    : XPS and / or 9.x or have I been making an incorrect assumption?

: Andy Kent
    : Email: andykentATfreeukDOTcom.
    Michael Guest