Professional Web Applications Themes

Locking Editable Regions - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

Hi guys, Any help would be amazing, I have a site created using dreamweaver template which has 2 editable regions, 1 for nav (Nav chanages per page - nav links are images which highlight when on the current page) and the other region is for page content. When I connect to the site using Contribute both the nav and main content regions are editable. Is there a way I can keep these editable outside of Contribute so I can update the template if needed but when the person who is updating the site content via Contribute the nav region is ...

  1. #1

    Default Locking Editable Regions

    Hi guys,

    Any help would be amazing, I have a site created using dreamweaver template
    which has 2 editable regions, 1 for nav (Nav chanages per page - nav links are
    images which highlight when on the current page) and the other region is for
    page content.

    When I connect to the site using Contribute both the nav and main content
    regions are editable. Is there a way I can keep these editable outside of
    Contribute so I can update the template if needed but when the person who is
    updating the site content via Contribute the nav region is locked and therefore
    can't be edited.

    I've searched high and wide for several days for an answer to this and any
    advice would be much appreciated

    Thanks

    Lee

    monkeyleeuk Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Locking Editable Regions

    As far as I know, if you make an area an editable region via Dreamweaver, there is no way to lock it down in Contribute. Sorry!
    Lainie_S Guest

  3. #3

    You could put your nav in a SSI (Server Side Include).
    Like this for PHP:
    <?php include("nav.php"); ?>

    Admin Contribute so that scripts are protected and you can even place the
    include in an editable region, but in theis case you can also replace the
    editable region with the include code.

    ThinkInk Guest

  4. #4

    Other option would be to create more templates where the navigation is
    non-editable to Contribute users but you can edit in DW.

    For example rather than making naivgation editable and building all your pages
    for one template, create a template file for each navigation used. i.e. if you
    have common navigation for all your 'contact us' pages, have one template that
    makes navigation standard for those pages.

    SJimba Guest