Professional Web Applications Themes

Locking table sizes in templates? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

"SW1000XG" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote: > I have created a template with a single editable region. The main outer table for the page has been sized to fit the screen properly, but my problem is, depending on the content placed into the editable region, the outer table still changes size, thus making each pages table borders appear different sizes. > > Is there a way of locking either the outer table size, or locking the size of the editable region so page dimensions cannot change? Obviously this would mean a finite amount of information would be allowed in the editable region, but ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Locking table sizes in templates?

    "SW1000XG" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I have created a template with a single editable region. The main outer table for the page has been sized to fit the screen properly, but my problem is, depending on the content placed into the editable region, the outer table still changes size, thus making each pages table borders appear different sizes.
    >
    > Is there a way of locking either the outer table size, or locking the size of the editable region so page dimensions cannot change? Obviously this would mean a finite amount of information would be allowed in the editable region, but consistancy is what im looking to acheive.
    You're not saying what this editable region consists of. Is it a child
    table? Neither do we know if the outer table is in percentage or fixed
    in pixels. Best way to advise would be if you can post the code of the
    template or a URL.

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  2. #2

    SW:

    Your question really is

    "how do I lock a table's size?"

    Templates have nothing to do with it. An editable region is not a layout
    device.

    A table can be built so that it has a minimum size, but there is not a way
    to make one have a maximum size. If your content stretches the table, it
    will stretch.

    But you can structure your pages so that the stretch in one part doesn't
    affect another part -

    Go here [url]http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/[/url]

    and then go to the table tutorials at the DW FAQ link in my sig.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "SW1000XG" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I have created a template with a single editable region. The main outer
    table for the page has been sized to fit the screen properly, but my problem
    is, depending on the content placed into the editable region, the outer
    table still changes size, thus making each pages table borders appear
    different sizes.

    > Is there a way of locking either the outer table size, or locking the size
    of the editable region so page dimensions cannot change? Obviously this
    would mean a finite amount of information would be allowed in the editable
    region, but consistancy is what im looking to acheive.

    > Anyone help?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Bob

    Murray *TMM* Guest