Ask a Question related to ASP Database, Design and Development.
Login - multi table insert for registrant; subsquent login insert page requests into joined 'Selection' Table
Question regards insert and updates in sql server for a simple login script
that requires registration the first time and only "email address" upon
return to secure page...this is my first charge at sql server and I need to
get right first time!!! My quesiton relates to doing a MULTI insert the
first time and tweaking the SP or adding a new to record later logins along
with tracking stats such as the page he is
visiting (and came from) in a joined "SelectionTable"
Could anyone help me visualize or arrange the necesssary stored proces...I
would be extremely grateful:
Ok, This procedure allows me to insert basic information into a solitary
Customer/User Table the first time the user comes in.....
Name = Request("Name")
Email = Request("Email")
etc - other personal details
FromSection = request("FromSection")
FromURL = Request.servervariables(x)
TargetSection = Request("TargetSection")
TargetURL = Request("TargetURL")
Create Procedure sp_adduser
@u_name varchar(50), @u_email varchar(50),
@u_id int output
set nocount on
if not exists(select u_id from t_user where u_name=@u_name)
INSERT INTO t_user(u_name, u_firstname, u_lastname, u_email)
VALUES (@u_name,@u_firstname, @u_lastname, @u_email)
....BUT at the same time I need to do a INSERT his "Selections" into a
joined table "tblSelections"
Thus: tblUser (1) - (many)(tblSelections)
Finally, at a later point the user may return back to the same page....this
time I only wish to check his email address BUT at the same time record the
incoming paratmers into the Selection Table...
I probalby have not explained myself very well here...but I am looking for
an elegant set of simple proces that will handle this for me...I know my
skills will be ready with a couple of weeks in trenches but I do not have
I appreciate any focused advice on this login script that checks for email
and records basic page tracking information about what the user was after.
Very best regards
- Could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong that causes both of the following multi-table insert statements to fail with a "missing key"...
- How Do you insert a table in Previous Table that has an image, in a web page
- I have a table 8 rows and 8 columns. Each cell has a number. If I want to insert a new cell and move everything along a cell is this possible? ...
- Hi all, is it possibile to insert multiple records in the same table? I imagine to build a multi-rows form, with the same number of fields per...
- I want to find out the best way to accomplish this. I have a form that inserts documents for the user. There can be many documents for 1 user. ...