Professional Web Applications Themes

lookin for Flash animation tutorials - Macromedia Flash

Hello allaya: My subject just about sez it all: I want to find either an online e-book or a series of tutorials that teaches someone, (me) how to make an animation. A real animation like the ones on TV, but done in Flash, with characters moving, and mouths moving, not just a 2 sec. .gif. there are lots of great animated shorts onthe internet, and you probably know of what I'm talking about. If not just do a quick search for "Flash Animations" and you'll get a huge list of some very good animated series that are done by amatures, ...

  1. #1

    Default lookin for Flash animation tutorials

    Hello allaya:

    My subject just about sez it all:

    I want to find either an online e-book or a series of tutorials that
    teaches someone, (me) how to make an animation.

    A real animation like the ones on TV, but done in Flash, with characters
    moving, and mouths moving, not just a 2 sec. .gif.

    there are lots of great animated shorts onthe internet, and you probably
    know of what I'm talking about. If not just do a quick search for "Flash
    Animations" and you'll get a huge list of some very good animated series
    that are done by amatures, using Flash.

    I see lots of tutorials for Flash that have to do with web design,
    animated .gif's, and actionscripts. I can't fine ONE that shows you how
    to make an animation.

    Plese. If you've ever seen a tutorial about that, or if you make Flash
    animations, please make a tutorial showing us all how you do it.

    Is there an E-Book if so whats it's title?

    Thanks

    xersius_x

    xersius_x Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: lookin for Flash animation tutorials

    Can you draw objects and characters in Flash?
    Do you understand how to make and use symbols in Flash?
    Do you know what a keyframe or a layer is and how to use them?

    Do you know what limited animation is?
    [url]http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Limited-animation[/url], Hanna-Barbera
    first practiced the technique of limited animation on the television serial
    "The Ruff & Reddy Show" as a way of reducing costs. Unfortunately, this led
    to a reduction in animation quality.
    [url]http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Animation[/url]
    a.. Traditional animation
    a.. Rotoscoping
    a.. Computer animation
    a.. Cutout animation
    a.. og computer animation
    a.. Motion capture
    a.. Stop-motion animation * claymation

    * Pixilation * Puppet animation
    a.. Limited animation
    a.. Pinscreen animation
    a.. Drawn on film animation

    If you are looking for free tutorials, you'll have to look harder and sift
    through to find what you want. No tutorial is a waste of time unless you
    already know how to do what is being taught. If you know the basics of
    drawing, creating symbols, tweening, time line, and layers, you should be
    able to do some animation. Practice, Practice, Practice, for the type of
    animation that you are talking about, you will need to do a lot of frame by
    frame animation.

    Walk cycle in Flash
    [url]http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/02/05/index4a_page2.html?tw=multimedia[/url]

    Run cycle in Flash, download the free movie vs. graphic zip.
    [url]http://www.cartoonsmart.com/animating_in_flash.html[/url]

    [url]http://www.ultrashock.com/[/url] is a good place for tutorials.

    Good Luck

    "xersius_x" <xersius_x> wrote in message
    > Hello allaya:
    >
    > My subject just about sez it all:
    >
    > I want to find either an online e-book or a series of tutorials that
    > teaches someone, (me) how to make an animation.
    >
    > A real animation like the ones on TV, but done in Flash, with characters
    > moving, and mouths moving, not just a 2 sec. .gif.
    >
    > there are lots of great animated shorts onthe internet, and you probably
    > know of what I'm talking about. If not just do a quick search for "Flash
    > Animations" and you'll get a huge list of some very good animated series
    > that are done by amatures, using Flash.
    >
    > I see lots of tutorials for Flash that have to do with web design,
    > animated .gif's, and actionscripts. I can't fine ONE that shows you how
    > to make an animation.
    >
    > Plese. If you've ever seen a tutorial about that, or if you make Flash
    > animations, please make a tutorial showing us all how you do it.
    >
    > Is there an E-Book if so whats it's title?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > xersius_x

    Scott Rudy Guest

  3. #3

    practice.

    That is the only advice I can give you. A lot of the animatin like you see
    on tv in flash may not be flash at all, it might be done using toonboom (
    something to look into if you wanna do traditional animations ) and then
    brought into flash and then made into a swf.

    I have made a few flash animations but it was rudimentary. I made all the
    moveable body parts symbols ( arms head legs etccc) made a few mouth shapes
    and then just tweened my heart away.
    This is quite crappy but it can be seen here ( I sure made a killing doing
    it because it is exactly how they wanted it) but if I could do it again I
    would make it totally 3d.
    [url]http://www.squamishwol.com/kids_korner.html[/url]

    content warning : it is a christian church site just to let you know.
    > Hello allaya:
    >
    > My subject just about sez it all:
    >
    > I want to find either an online e-book or a series of tutorials that
    > teaches someone, (me) how to make an animation.
    >
    > A real animation like the ones on TV, but done in Flash, with characters
    > moving, and mouths moving, not just a 2 sec. .gif.
    >
    > there are lots of great animated shorts onthe internet, and you probably
    > know of what I'm talking about. If not just do a quick search for "Flash
    > Animations" and you'll get a huge list of some very good animated series
    > that are done by amatures, using Flash.
    >
    > I see lots of tutorials for Flash that have to do with web design,
    > animated .gif's, and actionscripts. I can't fine ONE that shows you how
    > to make an animation.
    >
    > Plese. If you've ever seen a tutorial about that, or if you make Flash
    > animations, please make a tutorial showing us all how you do it.
    >
    > Is there an E-Book if so whats it's title?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > xersius_x

    allan Guest

  4. #4

    Hello again:

    I 1st off just wanted to say thank you for even answering me.

    but yea, no, I'm totally not affraid of hard work. I've already been
    working at making animation for about the past 3 years, I went back to
    school in 2000, and learned all about Lightwave 1 & 2, I know pretty
    much about Lightwave 3D. I've even lately been playing with other 3D
    Applications, just to expand my working knowledge of other 3D Apps. I
    have to say, (Now maybe it's because it's the 1st one that I learned on)
    but I really think that Lightwave 3D, is by far the easiest 3D
    application out there, with the shortest learning curve. In comparison
    to 3D Studio Max, I can't for the life of me figure our why anyone would
    work with that program over Ligtwave. You have to do about 25 steps in
    3DSMax, where in Lightwave it's about 7, to get something going. Not
    only that but all the menues'and dropdowns etc.. I know that Lightwave
    has alot to, but their laid out better, and work together more logically
    if you ask me. I've also been playing with TrueSpace, Bryce (I love
    Bryce),and a free one called anim8or thats great. Houdini, vue4Pro, and
    this week I'm going to mess with Cinema-4D. So far Lightwave to me for
    the price, and the GUI is king, and by far.
    So yea, I know about keyframes, and tweening, and I've been working
    with Flash for about 2 years too. mainly for webdesgin, and I'm a long
    time student of drawing and oldtime 2D animation. Never did any myself,
    but I do know every single dialog to the Warner Bros catalog from the
    late 30's to the early 50's, and can even do the voices pretty good.
    LOL... ;D I still mourn Mel Blanks passing. If any animation company
    could get their hands on someone today with his talents, we wouldn't be
    saying that the old cartoons can't be beat. (or maybe we would)

    But what I' was asking about was because I've always had dial-up. and
    couldnt' stand the wait to watch alot of the free amature animaton that
    is out there today. Well for the past week now that I have DSL, thats
    all Ive been doing. There are alot of people out there that do some
    great animations, and they are all done in Flash One other guy wrote me
    back and said that he'd tried that other program that you talked about
    Toon boom or something like that, but that he quickly went back to Flash.

    all you have to do is go to Google.com and do a search for "Flash
    Animations" (Yahoo had a great list too) at:
    [url]http://dir./Computers_and_Internet/Multimedia/Flash_and_Shockwave/Animation/[/url]
    and spend an hour going down those lists, and you'll see there are some
    really great amature animators out there today. ALL done in Flash. I'm
    just asking, (because it's supprising to me that I can't find one
    myself) that with all the people putting out free tutorials these days,
    (You can even get a free 30 part tutorial on Character Rigging in
    Lightwave, free, from Froggyplat/digiwonk.com which is what some
    schools,and CD_ROM courses charge thousands of dollars for) that nobody
    has a detailed tutorial about how to make an animations in Flash. I know
    about keyframing in Lightwave not in Flash, and I know about
    onionskinnin, motion, and shapetweening, but I need to more or less
    "see" how others made theres before I can make one. Thats how people
    learn things, by being taught by others, right? Hell I could tell
    someone else, "Oh yea, you can make a decent animation in Flash, by
    using keyframes, and motion tweening, they're all over the internet".
    but without actually seeing/knowing how to do it, I wouldn't even know
    where to start. Storyboards, making the soundtrack, if so what format,
    what programs do they use to record the dialog in? then how do they draw
    the pictures to match that? then how do you keyfram in Flash, Motion
    tweens just don't look right to make a guys arm wave. I don't know how
    it's done in Flash actually. Know what I mean?
    Thats all that I was aking about. A tutorial for people wanting to do
    animations in Flash, and not a .gif thing but like the ones I see all
    over the internet.

    Thank You AGain

    Bruce
    aka
    xersius_x

    allan wrote:
    > practice.
    >
    > That is the only advice I can give you. A lot of the animatin like you see
    > on tv in flash may not be flash at all, it might be done using toonboom (
    > something to look into if you wanna do traditional animations ) and then
    > brought into flash and then made into a swf.
    >
    > I have made a few flash animations but it was rudimentary. I made all the
    > moveable body parts symbols ( arms head legs etccc) made a few mouth shapes
    > and then just tweened my heart away.
    > This is quite crappy but it can be seen here ( I sure made a killing doing
    > it because it is exactly how they wanted it) but if I could do it again I
    > would make it totally 3d.
    > [url]http://www.squamishwol.com/kids_korner.html[/url]
    >
    > content warning : it is a christian church site just to let you know.
    > "xersius_x" <xersius_x> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello allaya:
    >>
    >>My subject just about sez it all:
    >>
    >>I want to find either an online e-book or a series of tutorials that
    >>teaches someone, (me) how to make an animation.
    >>
    >>A real animation like the ones on TV, but done in Flash, with characters
    >>moving, and mouths moving, not just a 2 sec. .gif.
    >>
    >>there are lots of great animated shorts onthe internet, and you probably
    >>know of what I'm talking about. If not just do a quick search for "Flash
    >>Animations" and you'll get a huge list of some very good animated series
    >>that are done by amatures, using Flash.
    >>
    >>I see lots of tutorials for Flash that have to do with web design,
    >>animated .gif's, and actionscripts. I can't fine ONE that shows you how
    >>to make an animation.
    >>
    >>Plese. If you've ever seen a tutorial about that, or if you make Flash
    >>animations, please make a tutorial showing us all how you do it.
    >>
    >>Is there an E-Book if so whats it's title?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>xersius_x

    xersius_x Guest

  5. #5

    Here is an other input :

    May be you can explore

    [url]http://www.keyko.com/en/Fla_XW_tutorials.html[/url]

    Personnaly, I went from low awareness in animation-making to ease of use in
    but a few weeks with their 3-disc tut .

    "xersius_x" <xersius_x> a écrit dans le message de news:
    [email]41605014.6080409[/email]...
    > Hello allaya:
    >
    > My subject just about sez it all:
    >
    > I want to find either an online e-book or a series of tutorials that
    > teaches someone, (me) how to make an animation.
    >
    > A real animation like the ones on TV, but done in Flash, with characters
    > moving, and mouths moving, not just a 2 sec. .gif.
    >
    > there are lots of great animated shorts onthe internet, and you probably
    > know of what I'm talking about. If not just do a quick search for "Flash
    > Animations" and you'll get a huge list of some very good animated series
    > that are done by amatures, using Flash.
    >
    > I see lots of tutorials for Flash that have to do with web design,
    > animated .gif's, and actionscripts. I can't fine ONE that shows you how to
    > make an animation.
    >
    > Plese. If you've ever seen a tutorial about that, or if you make Flash
    > animations, please make a tutorial showing us all how you do it.
    >
    > Is there an E-Book if so whats it's title?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > xersius_x

    Pierre Chirouze Guest

  6. #6

    what a load of gumf, don't waste your money on this, there are loads of
    fantastic tutorial sites out there on the net.

    "Pierre Chirouze" <p.chirouzeneuf.fr> wrote in message
    > Here is an other input :
    >
    > May be you can explore
    >
    > [url]http://www.keyko.com/en/Fla_XW_tutorials.html[/url]
    >
    > Personnaly, I went from low awareness in animation-making to ease of use
    > in but a few weeks with their 3-disc tut .
    >

    > "xersius_x" <xersius_x> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > [email]41605014.6080409[/email]...
    >> Hello allaya:
    >>
    >> My subject just about sez it all:
    >>
    >> I want to find either an online e-book or a series of tutorials that
    >> teaches someone, (me) how to make an animation.
    >>
    >> A real animation like the ones on TV, but done in Flash, with characters
    >> moving, and mouths moving, not just a 2 sec. .gif.
    >>
    >> there are lots of great animated shorts onthe internet, and you probably
    >> know of what I'm talking about. If not just do a quick search for "Flash
    >> Animations" and you'll get a huge list of some very good animated series
    >> that are done by amatures, using Flash.
    >>
    >> I see lots of tutorials for Flash that have to do with web design,
    >> animated .gif's, and actionscripts. I can't fine ONE that shows you how
    >> to make an animation.
    >>
    >> Plese. If you've ever seen a tutorial about that, or if you make Flash
    >> animations, please make a tutorial showing us all how you do it.
    >>
    >> Is there an E-Book if so whats it's title?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> xersius_x

    MattyBoy Guest