Professional Web Applications Themes

Looking for commerce option for static html - Dreamweaver AppDev

I'm looking for the type that allows you to make add items to the catalog and let you generate add to cart links that you can just place on your pages. I'm trying to get this setup pretty quickly. A couple other features would be the ability to add special fees like handling or cod or check by phone etc. These need to be flat fee or %. I only charge tax in CA if that makes any difference and we process all payment information manually in the office so I don't need a payment gateway. Another important thing is ...

  1. #1

    Default Looking for commerce option for static html

    I'm looking for the type that allows you to make add items to the catalog
    and let you generate add to cart links that you can just place on your
    pages. I'm trying to get this setup pretty quickly. A couple other features
    would be the ability to add special fees like handling or cod or check by
    phone etc. These need to be flat fee or %. I only charge tax in CA if that
    makes any difference and we process all payment information manually in the
    office so I don't need a payment gateway.

    Another important thing is that I need it to be pretty simple to impliment
    into my site. I tried one that I bought as an option with my hosting but it
    was horrible. It kept somehow sticking itself outside of my sites design so
    it made it look totally unprofessional.

    I have windows hosting so it can be php/asp/asp.net mysql/mssql.

    FYI, if anyone was going to mention oscommerce, I'm looking into that for a
    more complete implimentation at a later date.

    Thanks in advance.

    robbie Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Looking for commerce option for static html

    You'll probably want to repost your question. If you have ASP available,
    you don't need a static HTML solution (those don't really exist anyway -
    they'd all be processed by external dynamic sites like PayPal or a CGI
    script perhaps). I don't have any suggestions, but I'm sure people would
    have some if they knew you had server scripting available.

    "robbie" <com> wrote in message

    Lionstone Guest

  3. #3

    Yeah I know what you mean about the CGI, I definitely want everything run
    through my domain, just doesn't feel very profesional if people are being
    redirected to who knows where. As I mentioned I did get something like this
    with my hosting and it was actually based on asp but it was really a poor
    implimentation because all the default values were left to what was probably
    an old customer and also it didn't seem to fit inside my design.

    The reason I'm looking for item link generating is because I'm pretty sure I
    wont be able to get the over all layout that I want without paying an arm
    and a leg for a custom implimentation.

    robbie Guest

  4. #4

    If you want to look at something that integrates with you own design then
    why not look at three cart routines that install in and add functionality to
    DW. They are UltraCart II from www.ottivacs.com, Charon Cart (free) from
    www.charon.co.uk or Cartweaver www.cartweaver.com

    --
    Regards

    Paul Whitham
    Macromedia Certified Professional for Dreamweaver MX2004
    Valleybiz Internet Design
    www.valleybiz.net

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia

    "robbie" <com> wrote in message
    this
    probably