Professional Web Applications Themes

Looking for Designers / Developers - Macromedia Freehand

All, I've been asked by my boss to gather some resumes of qualified Designers and Developers looking for full-time employment. We have several positions opening up including the following: Lead Designer - Someone with vision to lead our design department and to shape it into a highly creative and productive outfit. Need to know design... inside and out. Flash MX, Fireworks, Freehand, PhotoShop, Illustrator skills are what we need (any or all of those... the more the merrier). Designer / Developer - Someone with Flash MX and ActionScript experience to work on Rich Internet Application development with ColdFusion MX on ...

  1. #1

    Default Looking for Designers / Developers

    All,

    I've been asked by my boss to gather some resumes of qualified Designers and Developers looking for full-time employment. We have several positions opening up including the following:

    Lead Designer - Someone with vision to lead our design department and to shape it into a highly creative and productive outfit. Need to know design... inside and out. Flash MX, Fireworks, Freehand, PhotoShop, Illustrator skills are what we need (any or all of those... the more the merrier).

    Designer / Developer - Someone with Flash MX and ActionScript experience to work on Rich Internet Application development with ColdFusion MX on the backend (web services connections with Flash MX Remoting). Flash MX, ActionScript expertise. Knowledge of ColdFusion or other application development language would be cool. Experience or expertise in design is desireable as well.

    Our company is called Automation Creations. We're located in Blacksburg, Virginia. Our offices are within walking distance to Virginia Tech University. The company employs 30 people, most of whom are developers. We need to build up a design department in order to compete for new business and to improve our current offerings.

    Send me your resume/portfolio link if interested.

    We are also looking for someone right away in the DC area to work on one of our current projects. It involves Flash and ActionScript and should last from 3 - 9 months. We'll consider contract work but would like someone local to the area around or just south of DC (Alexandria Virginia or across the river around Waldorf Maryland).

    Neil Ross
    [email]neil.rossaciwebs.com[/email]

    Neil Ross
    [email]neilcodesweeper.com[/email]
    [url]www.codesweeper.com[/url]
    neilross Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Looking for Designers / Developers

    neilross <neilcodesweeper.com> wrote in message
    > Lead Designer - Someone with vision to lead our design
    > department and to shape it into a highly creative and
    > productive outfit. Need to know design... inside and out.
    > Flash MX, Fireworks, Freehand, PhotoShop, Illustrator
    > skills are what we need (any or all of those... the more
    > the merrier).
    I don't intend to single out your job listing as the sole one to criticise.
    But it gives me an outlet to vent a little over what I typically see in
    graphics job listings. Most only ask for a slew of apps instead of putting
    the greatest level of importance on the candidate's portfolio.

    Knowledge of applications really imparts little of "design knowledge."
    There is not a computer graphics application anywhere that teaches the user
    things like type design, color theory, composition, creative development of
    concepts, etc.

    The state of graphic design in the United States on average is pretty
    terrible. Business people think the computer applications are creating the
    artwork, not the computer user. So just get the cheapest employee to sit in
    front of a machine.

    We used to ask for things like a four year art degree, but that mainly
    concerned the og realm of old-fashioned print design using paste-up
    techniques, photostat cameras and other stuff discarded long ago. I wonder
    how many people today even know how to use a ruling pen or Haberule. But
    since part of business is just getting the employee one can pay the least, a
    list of applications will suffice. And any amateur who has done a lot of
    downloading from KaZaa can fill that bill.

    IMHO, if I am going to hire someone to work in our shop I am going to put
    80% of my judgment on the work in that candidate's portfolio. I may ask how
    long it took the candidate to create some of his pieces. If it is computer
    related I may ask how long it took him to do some of the work.

    I won't boot someone out the door for not knowing all the apps in my workflo
    w. Anyone with talent and decent computer knowledge can be trained to use a
    new app. And all new workers are going to have to be trained to merge into
    a new workflow.

    Bobby Henderson

    Bobby Henderson Guest