too much text! ;) Happy Holidays! [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => <1133895316.165095.103230@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> <3vm5h4F168qp6U1@individual.net> <405md5F188ftuU10@individual.net> <11ps7chf162p664@corp.supernews.com> <4088h5F1925noU6@individual.net> <11pufs9etreqn15@corp.supernews.com> [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => DMFH [ip] => dmfh@n0spam.dmf [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 19 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> too much text! ;) Happy > Holidays![/ref] Keep enough to retain context for your reply, can whatever else you think appropriate. Bob Melson -- Robert G. Melson | Rio Grande MicroSolutions | El Paso, Texas ----- "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." Thomas Reed ----- [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => <7%gof.4426$Tg2.2954@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net> [ref] => <1133895316.165095.103230@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com><3vm5h4F168qp6U1@individual.net> <405md5F188ftuU10@individual.net> <11ps7chf162p664@corp.supernews.com><4088h5F1925noU6@individual.net> <11pufs9etreqn15@corp.supernews.com> [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Robert [ip] => melsonr@aragorn [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 20 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Looking for HP-UX support engineer in TEXAS - Linux / Unix Administration

Looking for HP-UX support engineer in TEXAS - Linux / Unix Administration

Support contract in Texas, need engineer with experience. various platforms. Call 1800-548-2607 770-569-2828 ext 203 Robert...

  1. #1

    Default Looking for HP-UX support engineer in TEXAS

    rhosea@sacomputer.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Looking for HP-UX support engineer in TEXAS

    On 6 Dec 2005 10:55:16 -0800, rhosea

    This isn't a jobs group, this is where techies talk to each other.

    Dave Guest

  3. #3

    In article <googlegroups.com>,
    com writes:

    As somebody else has pointed out, this is not a jobs group. You might have
    better luck - and avoid the stigma of being a usenet spammer - if you were to
    post to tx.jobs.offered, dfw.jobs, austin.jobs or one of the many other groups
    with "jobs" in the title. As is, you've branded yourself as a spammer and have
    reduced the likelihood of finding a viable candidate for what _might_ be a
    valid offer - all through failing to do your homework.

    Pity.

    Bob Melson

    -----
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." Thomas Reed
    -----

    Robert Guest

  4. #4

    On 6 Dec 2005 19:01:56 GMT Dave Hinz <net> wrote:

    | On 6 Dec 2005 10:55:16 -0800, rhosea
    |> Support contract in Texas,
    |
    | This isn't a jobs group, this is where techies talk to each other.

    Then we might as well talk to each other.

    I always wonder why it is that businesses that use systems like HP/UX
    never provider opportunities for someone to get experience with their
    particular system (e.g. in this case HP/UX), but then often complain
    that it's so hard to find experienced people.

    I wonder if this has anything to do with a similar issue where business
    people will listen to high priced consultants, but never list to their
    own techies in the IT department who may well be saying the very same
    thing.

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net Guest

  5. #5

    On 12 Dec 2005 15:53:56 GMT, net <net> wrote:

    Fair enough, what's up?

    It depends. Last time we hired someone here, we gave serious thought to
    hiring a PFY and training them up. But, it was the last thing we wanted
    to do, because as usual we were short-staffed and needed talent now, not
    two years from now. There's always a risk that the green admin will
    bail after a couple of years, too. My thinking is that you pay them
    well and they'll stay, but I'm not the guy with the budget numbers to
    work out.

    I took an HP-UX job a number of years ago, as a sun/linux guy. Made it
    clear that I had no direct HP-UX expereince. Wasn't a problem, they
    sent me to a 1-week training class (in Dallas, in August. Note to self:
    don't ever do that again) called "HP-UX System administration for
    experienced system administrators" or something like that. Basically a
    "OK, so you know _what_ to do already, here's _how_ to do it in this
    particular Unix" class.

    That's just human nature.

    Dave Guest

  6. #6

    In article <newsguy.com>,
    net writes:
    <snip>
    It's all part of the ol' "it can't be good if it's free" syndrome found
    commonly among bean-counters and button-sorters. Also applies to open source
    software. Remember, the BCs and BSs are the same ones who apply cost
    accounting rules to every position but their own, who've throttled corporate
    R&D, who're chasing tech jobs off-shore, all in the interest of the quarterly
    bottom line and never mind the damage done otherwise.

    Bah!

    Bob Melson

    -----

  7. #7

    Dave Hinz wrote:

    > Fair enough, what's up?

    > It depends. Last time we hired someone here, we gave serious thought to
    > hiring a PFY and training them up. But, it was the last thing we wanted
    > to do, because as usual we were short-staffed and needed talent now, not
    > two years from now. There's always a risk that the green admin will
    > bail after a couple of years, too. My thinking is that you pay them
    > well and they'll stay, but I'm not the guy with the budget numbers to
    > work out.
    >[/ref]

    I had to look up PFY. <guffaw>

    There is an in-between <see below>

    So you weren't a PFY, with some experience and could pick up another
    flavor in far less than two years.

    Ha! 13 or 14 years in Houston made Dallas in August look like a vacation
    resort. 8-)

    I remember having a developer who had moved on to another venue call me
    up and ask me to apply as a sysadmin in her new world - seems she
    remembered that the machines magically became stable after I took over
    as admin on the project we shared and there was a need for the same
    thing to happen in her new venue. It was heavy HP and at the time I had
    never touched HP. Several PC *nix, AIX, and a little SUN, but no HP.
    Well, that capped it for them and they said 'no thanks'.

    What is funny is that a year later, for another part of the same
    company, I was interviewing over the phone and when I mentioned my first
    real UNIX box was an honest-to-goodness 3B2 - there was a slight pause
    and "If you learned on a 3B2 you can handle any machine we have - when
    can you start". Within 6 months I was asked to deal with some
    production HP machines (I was in development - not the datacenter)
    simply because I could understand the problem and get the job done -
    which ultimately entailed going to their boss and explaining the problem
    and lack of solution I was running into. Of course, the folks were
    told to get it done, and fast (it really was becoming a time critical
    issue).

    The punch line? Some of the folks in the team interview I went thru who
    nixed me due to no HP experience - you guessed it - were the
    unresponsive folks whose boss I had to go to.

    > That's just human nature.
    >[/ref]

    True. Lending a helping hand and murder are both historically common
    traits in humans too, but hopefully we know which ones we wish to see
    reinforced, eh?

    Cheers.
    Timothy Guest

  8. #8

    On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:02:25 -0700, Timothy J. Bogart <net> wrote:
     [/ref]

    Meant in a non-demeaning way, of course, in this context. We've all
    been there/done that, after all. Guy needs a good mentor.

    You bet.
     [/ref]

    Sure. It's just another flavor of Unix, right? You already know what
    to do, you just need the specifics on _how_ to do it on that flavor.
    It's just another SVR4 Unix, after all.
     [/ref]

    I'm a German/Norwegian/Danish-blooded guy from Wisconsin. 100+ at 90%
    humidity s no matter where you are, with all that northern european
    blood.

    Good reputation to have. Easier if you're following someone who was
    incompetant and left lots of easy targets to fix.

    Their loss. I'm guessing it was an HR-type person, not a techie-type
    person, who gave you the "go away"?

    There ya go. One of my favorite questions to ask someone in an
    interview is: "Tell me about your home network." Doesn't matter what
    they have, what matters is how they answer, if that makes any sense.
    I've got a mess of dissimilar systems talking and playing nice together
    - Samba running over here, that one running a print server, file server
    on the raid array over there, a couple SGIs running as app servers,
    even a windows VMWare instance running on a linux box (which I can
    display to the Mac on my desk). Doesn't hurt to show some sort of
    interesting setup as an example of "I can make these things work
    together".

    That'll happen when you're doing good work...

    Heh. It's nice when a plan comes together.

    Dave

    Dave Guest

  9. #9

    Dave Hinz wrote:
    <snip>

    > I'm a German/Norwegian/Danish-blooded guy from Wisconsin. 100+ at 90%
    > humidity s no matter where you are, with all that northern european
    > blood.[/ref]

    Couldn't resist - I am half Dutch/Irish/Eurosomthing and half Lebonese
    who hails from the Twin Cities. So, you see, the confusion is built in!

    See, it is all in appreciating the difference between 99% humidity and
    90% humidity. I kid you not, you can go jogging and be soaked on your
    front - dry on your back - because you are smacking into the moisture in
    the air. Nope. Don't miss it one bit.
    <snip>

    Should have said right off that I don't claim to be a guru. Absolutely
    chaulk up my reputation to the poor skills of others. Seems though,
    every place I have stepped into I have been able to improve things.

    Still, I have had occasion to work with serious wizzards. They are scary.

    <snip>

    > There ya go. One of my favorite questions to ask someone in an
    > interview is: "Tell me about your home network." Doesn't matter what
    > they have, what matters is how they answer, if that makes any sense.
    > I've got a mess of dissimilar systems talking and playing nice together
    > - Samba running over here, that one running a print server, file server
    > on the raid array over there, a couple SGIs running as app servers,
    > even a windows VMWare instance running on a linux box (which I can
    > display to the Mac on my desk). Doesn't hurt to show some sort of
    > interesting setup as an example of "I can make these things work
    > together".[/ref]

    Aside from the friendly banter, this is a really good point to make in a
    thread about *nix employment. Caught more than one person like a deer
    in headlights when we would ask about *nix/Linux experience and the
    person would say 'I have really wanted to play with Linux' and I would
    ask 'what stopped you?'. With Linux and BSD variants so available for
    the common wintel platform and used *nix workstations for a couple of
    hundred bucks on Ebay - anyone with any serious interest can have access
    to more than one flavor. Very good indicator of the interest level of
    the applicant.

    And for some final friendly banter - I was pretty amazed when I
    discovered that the rather pricey Cisco equipment at work required one
    to always hand set ports with AIX boxes on them to 100/full duplex since
    they would never auto negotiate correctly - and the no name cheapo
    switch at home would auto negotiate just fine every time.

    8-)

    Cheers
    Timothy Guest

  10. #10

    On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:39:43 -0700, Timothy J. Bogart <net> wrote:
     [/ref]

    I can see how that could get culturally confusing ;)

    Ooof.
     [/ref]

    Good. "Guru" isn't a title that should ever be claimed; it's assigned.
    "Wizard", maybe. Guru? If someone claims to be one, run away.

    There's always easy targets. The trick, I think, is to fix those first,
    build up reputational points (whatever you want to call it), and then
    use that leverage to get more risky things implemented. "Hey, have I
    steered you wrong yet?" kind of thing. Gotta have a track record on
    which to make that sort of statement.

    Yeah, I know a couple guys that I wish I could work with again. Lately
    it's been more being the mentor than being mentored, which is fine in
    it's own way. I tend to ask a lot of clarifying questions, get people
    focused on what they want to do, rather than how to do something.
    Strategy first, _then_ tactics.
     [/ref]

    Well, yeah. Their reaction also tells you a lot about the personality
    and how they can respond to a social situation in that work context.
    It's not a typical interview question, I don't think, so it's no the
    cliche' "what are your strengths/weaknesses" thing that everyone seems
    to have a pat answer figured out for.

    Nice.

    Absolutely. And don't try to bluff, because I don't ask questions I
    don't know the answers to already...

    Yeah, well, autonegotiation of speed and duplex has always ed, on
    all hardware. Sun, HP-UX, SGI, Cisco, Alcatel - doesn't matter. Want
    it pegged to 100/Full? Do it by hand, it's the only way to be sure.
    Easy enough to recognize when it goes wrong, but still damned annoying
    to get bit by it yet again.

    Heh. Then again, it doesn't have 100 servers and 400 clients hanging
    off of it...

    Interviewing is interesting -from both sides of the discussion.

    Dave Hinz

    Dave Guest

  11. #11

    In article <net>,
    Dave Hinz <net> writes:
    <snip>>
    Right on. There's serious competence, then there's the guy who claims to be
    a guru. Usually can't pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the
    heel.
    <snip> [/ref]
    The kind you lock in the basement and feed meat on alternate Tuesdays, right? [/ref][/ref]
    <snip>
    My favorite filter-type question is: given a shell variable FOO=BAR, what is
    the effect of (1) echo "$FOO", (2) echo '$FOO", echo `$FOO`, echo $FOO.
    Simple, but amazingly effective in determining if the candidate has even the
    beginning of a clue about the shell and, more particularly, the system in
    general.

    Hi, Dave.

    Bob Melson

    -----

  12. #12

    On 12 Dec 2005 16:21:57 GMT Dave Hinz <net> wrote:

    | It depends. Last time we hired someone here, we gave serious thought to
    | hiring a PFY and training them up. But, it was the last thing we wanted
    | to do, because as usual we were short-staffed and needed talent now, not
    | two years from now. There's always a risk that the green admin will
    | bail after a couple of years, too. My thinking is that you pay them
    | well and they'll stay, but I'm not the guy with the budget numbers to
    | work out.

    So it would seem that as employers of a particular skill set find
    themselves both short staffed _and_ in immediate need, this will
    end up making the former, and subsequently the latter, a more common
    occurrence.

    | I took an HP-UX job a number of years ago, as a sun/linux guy. Made it
    | clear that I had no direct HP-UX expereince. Wasn't a problem, they
    | sent me to a 1-week training class (in Dallas, in August. Note to self:
    | don't ever do that again) called "HP-UX System administration for
    | experienced system administrators" or something like that. Basically a
    | "OK, so you know _what_ to do already, here's _how_ to do it in this
    | particular Unix" class.

    And ironically, the posting that started this was for a job there. I take
    it you didn't have any interest.

    |> I wonder if this has anything to do with a similar issue where business
    |> people will listen to high priced consultants, but never list to their
    |> own techies in the IT department who may well be saying the very same
    |> thing.
    |
    | That's just human nature.

    Of certain subclasses of human ... err ... maybe type-A personalities?
    Hmmm. Maybe if the staff regularly take the CEO out to lunch? But that
    could never happen (though I've had reverse happen a couple times in better
    places).

    And I just read a story that even at a place like Google, which you'd
    think would be a geek paradise, had a similar issue.

    Maybe it's the beard.

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net Guest

  13. #13

    On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:55:30 GMT, Robert Melson <rgmhome.net> wrote: [/ref][/ref]

    Which shell? This assumes you set it properly, and that "BAR" is a
    literal, yes?

    Mixed punctuation, I'd assume a null response.

    command (whatever FOO literally is) not found

    whatever FOO literally is set to

    Not real sure how the first would fail, but it'd fail.

    Yeah, I still haven't looked at your site. Some interesting
    developments, er, developing in RL right now. As in good changes afoot
    kind of changes. Details soon, I hope ;)

    Dave

    Dave Guest

  14. #14

    On 14 Dec 2005 16:02:32 GMT, net <net> wrote:

    Right. It's a situation of "hope for what we want; settle for what we
    get". We've had great luck with one guy straight out of college. I'd
    also be surprised if he's still here 5 years from now. Great guy, but
    how many people stay with the first job they ever take, these days, in
    IT?

    No, the posting that started this was from a spammer. I'll never deal
    with a spammer, period. The HP-UX job was years ago in a different
    department at my (then) current employer.

    Hard to say, the label really doesn't matter. It just is.

    Oh, by all means, if you don't have one, you should grow one. No doubt
    about that. Unless you're a girl-type IT person, in which case it might
    be more distracting than you'd want.

    Dave "sillier than usual today, sorry about that, a little" Hinz

    Dave Guest

  15. #15

    In article <net>,
    Dave Hinz <net> writes: [/ref]
    <snip>

    > Which shell? This assumes you set it properly, and that "BAR" is a
    > literal, yes?[/ref]
    Given the assignment, the shell is implicit: either Bourne or Ksh, tho' I seem
    to recall that bash has similar notation. BAR can be anything you want. The
    point of the exercise is to determine what the effect of the different types of
    quotes is. [/ref]
    Oops! should be "$FOO".

    > command (whatever FOO literally is) not found

    > whatever FOO literally is set to
    >[/ref]
    <snip>

    > Yeah, I still haven't looked at your site. Some interesting
    > developments, er, developing in RL right now. As in good changes afoot
    > kind of changes. Details soon, I hope ;)[/ref]

    The "Hi" was merely that, no implied criticism. I'll be interested to hear
    what you are and have been up to.
    In order, (1) echo "$FOO" gives BAR; (2) echo '$FOO' gives $FOO;
    (3) echo `$FOO` gives "FOO: not found"; (4) echo $FOO gives BAR. You have
    to ask yourself what the effect of double quotes, single quotes, "back tics"
    and no quotes is under your shell of preference. BTW, it could just as easily
    have been "set FOO BAR" under csh and _its_ derivatives.

    Bob Melson

    -----

  16. #16

    In article <OUYnf.2778$news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    rgmhome.net (Robert Melson) writes:
    <major snippage>

    'Nother option is to do something like BAR="ls -l";FOO=BAR, followed by the
    4 questions. You'd be surprised how few people get any right, much less all 4.
    And these are supposedly experienced professionals I'm speaking of.

    Sigh.

    Bob Melson

    -----
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." Thomas Reed
    -----

    Robert Guest

  17. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Timothy Guest
    Moderated Post

  18. #18

    In article <supernews.com>,
    "Timothy J. Bogart" <net> writes:
    <snip>

    Well, as I said, it's a filter - helps determine the people you want to spend
    time with. In my experience, folks who don't have a handle on their shell
    are generally clueless when it comes to the larger system. One of my
    particular prejudices is that I believe in building tools to do the repetitive
    - and boring - jobs and that those tools often require knowledge of the several
    flavors of shell and/or perl. Knowledge of shell/perl scripting is no
    substitute for in depth system know-how, I agree, but it certainly doesn't hurt
    and frequently helps immensely.

    Bob Melson

    -----

  19. #19

    > And for some final friendly banter - I was pretty amazed when I

    This quip sort of prompted me to chime in - I'm a network geek by trade, but I
    pretend to be a serious SA at home, giving me enough knowledge to bridge the
    gap between SA's and networking folk and help out. I once too was mystified by
    the auto-negotiate problem years ago, and after a rash of port speed/duplex
    mismatches on Cisco kit, it was off to the lab to get to the bottom of it
    (unfortunately sans frosty beverage!) - it was quite interesting. I don't
    profess this was 100% correct, heck, I could be wrong, but it explained a
    great many things with auto-negotiation failures.

    I wound up testing most of Sun's NIC's - HME's, etc. and then PC NIC's,
    which are notorious for not being quite standard. The end result of the
    testing was Sun was spot-on most of the time, PC NIC's, really not. Then off
    to the why. Way Back When (tm), there were two companies, I believe National
    Semiconductor & AMD, that made chipsets for 100Mbps Ethernet. What gets
    auto-negotiate done is the link pulse (carrier high) between the NIC and the
    switch - inside that link pulse is encoded the auto-negotiate messages in a
    few bits, and through a logic tree, both ends determine what they should be.
    I found AMD's link pulse pattern was different from NS's after looking at the
    chips' engineering reference sheets - the story goes on to conclude that all
    100Mbps Ethernet chipsets were derived from those first chipsets from either
    company, and hence, never the standards should meet. Depending on the
    manufacturer, the Ethernet switch will default to a certain setting when
    auto-negotiate doesn't function properly.

    For production servers, I generally prefer to insist on a manual setting. This
    can be quite a PITA if a large amount of servers need deploying, but the
    mismatches are a real performance drain since the problem only shows up once
    the interfaces gets busy over a few megabits per second.

    -DMFH

    PS - It's been quite a while since I've posted on Usenet - is it correct form
    to delete most of the prior posting when following-up a post, or is it
    considered more polite to leave the entire thread in the message and comment
    in-line? Apologies in advance if I <---cut here---> too much text! ;) Happy
    Holidays!
    DMFH Guest

  20. #20

    In article <dmfh.cx>,
    DMFH <dmfh.cx.spamn0t> writes:
    <snip>

    Keep enough to retain context for your reply, can whatever else you think
    appropriate.

    Bob Melson

    -----
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." Thomas Reed
    -----

    Robert Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast