Professional Web Applications Themes

looking for samples - ASP Components

Can someone suggest a couple of samples of the following: I have an normal windows unmanged c++ App that will open a session with my server and exchange some info. That is the app sends some info to the server and the server responds with either an answer (other info) or an error message . I'd like to see a simple skeleton of such an app. Should the server side use IIS? Are there important pitfalls with this. I've got plenty of experience with writing code, but somehow I've avoided internet applications. Where should I be looking for info about ...

  1. #1

    Default looking for samples

    Can someone suggest a couple of samples of the following:

    I have an normal windows unmanged c++ App that will open a session with my
    server and exchange some info. That is the app sends some info to the server
    and the server responds with either an answer (other info) or an error
    message .

    I'd like to see a simple skeleton of such an app. Should the server side
    use IIS?
    Are there important pitfalls with this. I've got plenty of experience with
    writing code, but somehow I've avoided internet applications.

    Where should I be looking for info about doing this?

    TIA.
    --
    Gak -
    Finecats

  2. #2

    Default RE: looking for samples

    Hello Gak,

    I think there are a lot of solution for such an issue. For example, without
    IIS, you can create a server appliaction with Sockets and communicate with
    TCP. For a solution with IIS (much easy to implment), you may consider a
    solution with Web service. For example, a .NET web service running on IIS.
    The client can be .NET application or an unmanaged C++ application based on
    SOAP toolkit.

    Following newsgroup should be best place for further questions on Sockets
    on Web Service:

    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservic e

    If there is any questions, please feel free to let us know.

    Sincerely,

    Luke Zhang

    Microsoft Online Community Support
    ications.

    project ysis and dump ysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx[/url].

    Luke Zhang [MSFT] Guest

  3. #3

    Hello,

    [url]www.codeproject.com[/url] should be a good place to find such sample, I performed
    a search on it and here are what I found:

    A reusable, high performance, socket server class - Part 1
    [url]http://www.codeproject.com/internet/jbsocketserver1.asp[/url]

    Server Client Sockets
    [url]http://www.codeproject.com/internet/server_client_sockets.asp[/url]

    You may refer to it to see if it will help. And here is the complete
    reference of winsock:

    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/win[/url]
    sock/winsock_reference.asp