Professional Web Applications Themes

Looking to pay a CF programmer - Macromedia ColdFusion

I am trying to find out the best place to post this message: I am looking to find a coldfusion programmer who can write code for our company that can help us with the following problem: We have a distributor that offers over 8,000 SKU's. We just signed on with them and need to have code written that will loop through a list of productid's and then capture the graphic, description and retail price from their website. The distributor has given us a .csv file which contains their productid's and very brief 1-line description, but we need to be able ...

  1. #1

    Default Looking to pay a CF programmer

    I am trying to find out the best place to post this message:

    I am looking to find a coldfusion programmer who can write code for our
    company that can help us with the following problem:

    We have a distributor that offers over 8,000 SKU's. We just signed on with
    them and need to have code written that will loop through a list of productid's
    and then capture the graphic, description and retail price from their website.
    The distributor has given us a .csv file which contains their productid's and
    very brief 1-line description, but we need to be able to bring their full
    description into our database and save their graphic to our server
    automatically - or at least fairly automatically.

    I know this most likely will make use of some advanced RegEx's, and we have
    tried to accomplish this on our own without success. So, at this point, with
    time being the critical factor, we are looking for a CF programmer who can give
    us a price and completion date for this job.

    Please reply to:

    Ron
    com

    Photoshare Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Looking to pay a CF programmer

    I have do this before using the CSV file approach with success, and just
    writing code to pull the image down from the website using the SKU as an
    identifier. Try using CFFile to create a copy of the image once the URL for
    that image has been obtained through CFHTTP.

    This should be a fairly straightforward thing, as long as the supplier's
    webserver uses a SKU as a photo identifier.

    Good Luck.
    -Christopher C. Keeler

    chriskeeler2 Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Chris,

    Thanks for the help. I have been able to capture photos from sites that use
    the productid as the photo, but the problem I am having is using RegEx to grab
    just certain parts of a page (Description, Price, photo) to insert into the
    appropriate fields in a database table. One idea I had was to have a form with
    two fields in it, a START PHRASE and an END PHRASE. Pass these phrases to
    another page that then looks for these phrases on the product page of that
    particular website and figures out what it needs to look for in order to
    AUTOMATICALLY capture the same TYPE of data from each page. Since most data
    websites use templates to load in information - once the new what to look for
    it would then be able to grab what I need without me having to do it manually
    page by page.

    Ron

    Photoshare Guest