Professional Web Applications Themes

lost images - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi, I'm having a strange problem with some images on a site that I'm working on. Some images do not show up at all - no broken link image or anything. When I view the source, the image tag does not show up. Then, when I go directly to the image in the browser - I am re-directed to [url]http://127.0.0.1:1084/clear.cgi?[/url] and nothing shows up. Has anyone seen this before? I am on win2k - same problem in ie and netscape. Other people can see the image without a problem. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks. Kris...

  1. #1

    Default lost images

    webweaver6 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: lost images

    This is when you preview locally? Or when you browse remotely?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "webweaver6" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > This happens when I go directly to the image - no other code. The images
    were generated in Fireworks.

    > Here is a sample of an image path
    [url]www.whatshappeningonline.com/images/btn_advertise.gif[/url] When I try to go to
    this image, I am rediredted to 127.0.0.1:1084/clear.cgi?

    > Some people I've talked to can see this and other images, but I am always
    redirected

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    This happens when I try to view the images in a browser, either locally or from the web. If I open the images in Fireworks, they look fine. Any ideas?

    webweaver6 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Web:

    Nope - no ideas at all. It's about the weirdest thing I have seen. Are you
    running IIS/PWS/some webserver locally?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  5. #5

    Kris,

    For some websites depending on what you created them on have to be an exported file like a bitmap or jpg. Sometime the png's just wont show up.

    schemy07 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    These are images that were created in Fireworks and exported out to a gif or jpg. All of my images are created the same way, but it is only some images in one site that are giving me a problem. Maybe this is an issue on my computer only??? I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it before and knew what to do.

    webweaver6 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    kris,

    I have never seen or heard of anything that my guess would to just try and export them again and save under a new name.

    schemy07 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  8. #8

    "webweaver6" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >Yes, I've tried all that to no avail. Thanks, tho.

    Commonly when you see broken image links in a browser, it's because the
    path to those images is incorrectly encoded or it has a character in it
    that the browser is unable to interpret or misinterprets. Do you have a
    URL that we can go to in order to see what's going on?

    --
    enthusiastically,
    mark haynes

    Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers
    Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    mark haynes Guest

  9. #9

    This does happen also when I try to go directly to the image in the browser as in [url]http://www.whatshappeningonline.com/images/btn_advertise.gif[/url]
    Altho some computers display the image, all that I get is redirected to the clear.cgi. So, you may see the image. Thanks.

    webweaver6 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  10. #10

    Just for fun, you might want to try clearing your cache.

    HTH;

    Amy

    > This does happen also when I try to go directly to the image in the
    browser as in [url]http://www.whatshappeningonline.com/images/btn_advertise.gif[/url]
    > Altho some computers display the image, all that I get is redirected to
    the clear.cgi. So, you may see the image. Thanks.

    Amy Blankenship Guest

  11. #11

    The cache has been cleared, and I've tried this in 3 different browsers with the same result.

    webweaver6 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  12. #12

    "webweaver6" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > This does happen also when I try to go directly to the image in the
    > browser as in
    > [url]http://www.whatshappeningonline.com/images/btn_advertise.gif[/url] Altho
    > some computers display the image, all that I get is redirected to the
    > clear.cgi. So, you may see the image. Thanks.
    FWIW, I can see the image at the link you provided above just fine. If
    you still can't then there may be some kind of problem with your
    machine. If clearing the browser's cache didn't help, try rebooting. If
    you have some kind of firewall software, disable it temporarily and try
    what may be preventing you from seeing those images.

    HTH!

    Stéphane Bergeron

    Stéphane Bergeron Guest