Professional Web Applications Themes

MacMall or MacWarehouse? - Mac Applications & Software

How reliable are MacMall and MacWarehouse? Would anyone recommend AGAINST buying from either store? Which do people prefer?...

  1. #1

    Default MacMall or MacWarehouse?

    imani_technology@yahoo.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: MacMall or MacWarehouse?

    com wrote:

    In recent years I've exclusively used MacZone, as shipping has been
    reasonable and they've been very good about returns. I've also gotten
    good info. from their tech support people.

    MacWarehouse used to have higher shipping costs, but I'm not sure how
    they compare these days. I had a negative experience with MacMall many
    years ago (I think centered around a return/misinformation about a
    product), so I tend to avoid them. But that was a long time ago. Of
    the two, I'd probably go with MacWarehouse. But others may feel
    differently.

    - TNW

    [To e-mail me, remove 12345 from my address.]
    TNW7Z12345@aol.com Guest

  3. #3

    com wrote:

    When I got my iMac, and "registered, I made sure
    the "share my address and send me offers" was checked.

    I also use the extra street address line to
    write
    NO JUNK MAIL !!!!!

    For the next several months, I received numerous
    catalogs from those two companies and two others,
    all of them containing that extra address line.

    One day, I even tore out the address label of one,
    highlighted the extra line, noted something
    like "this makes you look pretty stupid"
    and sent it to them. Didn't make any difference.

    --
    Wes Groleau
    Heroes, Heritage, and History

    Wes Guest

  4. #4

    In article <google.com>,
    <com> wrote:

    I've used both and had no problems with either. That said, I
    prefer to give the business to a smaller shop, like Other
    World Computing. MacWarehouse for certain is part of a much larger
    outfit that includes PC Warehouse (nothing wrong with that, but
    it is large.) OWC is, afaik, entirely a Mac store.

    David Derbes [edu]

    david Guest

  5. #5

    In article <com>, Wes Groleau
    <org> wrote:

    really? checked?
    Philo Guest

  6. #6

    com wrote:

    Have bought from both. Have been satisfied with both.

    Prices are usually pretty close, so go with the one that offers the
    best "perks" or the cheapest shipping -- or that has the item you want
    in stock.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    H.B. Elkins -- Beattyville, KY
    http://www.millenniumhwy.net hbelkins(at)mis.net

    "There's no doubt he's the best race driver in the world."
    --Dale Jarrett, on the late Dale Earnhardt

    Go Big Blue (Kentucky Wildcats)! Go #15 (Michael Waltrip, NAPA Chevy)!

    Vote Ernie Fletcher for Governor of Kentucky! http://www.fletcher2003.com

    To reply, just remove the restrictorplates...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    H.B. Guest

  7. #7

    Entity com spoke thus:

    MacMall/PCMall is stupid. They inundated my PO Box with catalogs (PeeCee
    catalogs too!). They refuse validate a credit card unless you give them a
    street address, then they inundate your home mailbox with Mac/PC catalogs.

    I WAS able to get off their mailing list after several months, but they
    always said "the catalogs are printed months in advance, so we can't stop
    the mailings until they run out".

    Retards. Go with a more Mac centric outfit.

    -- Gnarlie
    http://www.Gnarlodious.com/Cogent/Cogent.html

    Gnarlodious Guest

  8. #8

    In article <040920030905150590%com>,
    Philo D <com> wrote:

    > really? checked?[/ref]

    Stupidity IS its own reward!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  9. #9

    Philo D wrote:

    > really? checked?[/ref]

    Sorry, typo. I made sure, as I always do, that it
    was NOT checked. It's been my experience that works
    only 50-75% but I'm surprised that Apple ignored it.

    I'm not surprised that the address went electronically
    onto the various stores' mailing lists without human
    intervention. but I am surprised that they left it on
    there after I rub their noses in their embarrassing
    stupidity.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Is it an on-line compliment to call someone a Net Wit ?

    Wes Guest

  10. #10

    In article <com>,
    Wes Groleau <org> wrote:

    > > really? checked?[/ref]
    >
    > Sorry, typo. I made sure, as I always do, that it
    > was NOT checked.[/ref]

    YEAH, you have demonstrated how ABSOLUTELY careful you are! MORON!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  11. #11

    Wes Groleau <org> wrote:

    Why should it? The catalogs are mailed out using a mail
    merge package. No mail merge softare has the smarts to
    recognize a non-standard entry such as "no junk mail"
    in an address. If you want to remove your name from
    the mailing lists of MacMall and MacWarehouse, all you
    have to do is follow the directions in their catalogues
    or web site.

    stan@temple.edu Guest

  12. #12

    Entity edu spoke thus:

    It's not that easy. It took me about 6 phone calls and year to stop getting
    the paper catalogs. Fortunately I had given them by Yahoo spambox for email
    so that proved to be a good idea.

    Needless to say, I don't recommend Mac/PCMall to anyone.

  13. #13

    In article <google.com>,
    <com> wrote:
    < How reliable are MacMall and MacWarehouse? Would anyone recommend
    < AGAINST buying from either store? Which do people prefer?

    See http://www.macintouch.com/macmall01.html for numerous complaints
    about MacMall.

    Mark Geary
    --
    "It's going to be a tough one Sam...Ziggy hasn't got a clue and the
    guy in the waiting room keeps asking me if I want a jelly baby."

  14. #14

    edu wrote:

    As I said, I'm not surprised at the initial automation,
    but I _was_ surprised that when it was pointed out to
    them they didn't care.

    --
    Wes Groleau
    Alive and Well

    Wes Guest

  15. #15

    In article <google.com>,
    com wrote:

    I think the best way is to go to deal-mac.com and wait for a good deal
    to float by. Another good way is to buy from OWC at macsales.com. I
    prefer both of these choices to the ones you offered.
    Hobo Guest

  16. #16

    In article <com>, com (Big Bird) writes:

    But MacWarehouse sends me spam.
    Larry Guest

  17. #17

    I have bought from both and have had good service from both. I've also
    had good customer service from both so use either and go with price.

    In article <newsguy.com>,
    Hobo <com> wrote:

    > I think the best way is to go to deal-mac.com and wait for a good deal
    > to float by. Another good way is to buy from OWC at macsales.com. I
    > prefer both of these choices to the ones you offered.[/ref]
    Ed Guest

  18. #18

    In message <seJ5b.6395$tampabay.rr.com>, Enough
    <com> wrote:

    > > Sorry, typo. I made sure, as I always do, that it
    > > was NOT checked.[/ref]
    >
    > YEAH, you have demonstrated how ABSOLUTELY careful you are! MORON!
    >
    > --
    > Enough <com>[/ref]

    I really love those quotes. They make my day!

    -Laurent.
    Laurent Daudelin Logiciels Nemesys Software
    mailto:net <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
    Replace ihatespam with verizon to reply
    +++++++++++ Sent using an Apple Newton MessagePad 2100 ++++++++++

    Laurent Guest