Professional Web Applications Themes

Macromedia: Akward Pricing at European Webshops !! - Macromedia Fireworks

Shut up and buy it then ;-). -Amy "Coen Naninck" <ccnkHAHAhome.nl> wrote in message news:bk76hu$hlv$1forums.macromedia.com... > > I don't get it. I don't get it at all and I can't get any answers from > MM too. > > This page: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/nl/buy/[/url] which is the Dutch version > of the pricing for Macromedia MX 2004 products has some really strange > pricing. Check this out: > > Upgrade to Studio MX 2004 569 Euro's > Upgrade to Studio MX 2004 with Flash Professional 339 Euro's > > Shouldn't this be vice versa? > > Then look here: [url]http://dynamic.macromedia.com/bin/MM/store/UK/home.jsp[/url] > The ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Macromedia: Akward Pricing at European Webshops !!

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html[/url]

    Amy Blankenship Guest

  2. #2

    Hello Coen,

    I'm sure no expert on MMs pricing however, just wanted to point out they
    have multiple upgrade things going on at the same time and you're right - it
    is very awkward and confusing.

    One upgrade path includes just Flash 2004.

    The other upgrade path is Flash 2004 Pro.

    To make matters worse, there is also upgrading from Studio MX and Studio
    MX+.

    Studio MX > MX2004 with Flash 2004

    Studio MX > MX2004 with Flash 2004 Pro

    Studio MX+ > MX2004 with Flash 2004

    Studio MX+ > MX2004 with Flash 2004 Pro

    Be sure to look over things carefully to make sure you're getting the
    correct upgrade path from your current products and landing onto the correct
    product level you want to be at when its done.

    --

    Karen Boyle, PVII Support
    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Karen Boyle Guest

  3. #3

    >>Upgrade to Studio MX 2004 569 Euro's
    >>Upgrade to Studio MX 2004 with Flash Professional 339 Euro's
    >>Shouldn't this be vice versa?
    I suspect that
    "Upgrade to Studio MX 2004 569 Euro's"
    is an upgrade from Studio MX/MX Plus to Studio MX 2004

    and

    "Upgrade to Studio MX 2004 with Flash Professional 339 Euro's"
    is an upgrade from Studio MX 2004 to Studio MX 2004 with Flash Professional

    The various flavors of Studio MX (MX and MX Plus) and the long names for the
    newer versions seem to be creating all sorts of confusion on both the
    Macromedia pages and the pages of resellers.

    The new Flash-based upgrade pricing wizard has some vagueness to it to.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    Sam Poikail Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Coen,

    I am not familiar with the pricing of Macromedia Products on your country.
    The best suggestion that I can give you is to contact the Customer Service
    Department on your country. You may go to
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/nl/contact/[/url] for the contact information.

    --
    I hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Marlon De Jesus
    Macromedia Technical Support
    Fireworks / Flash

    Marlon De Jesus - MMTS Guest

  5. #5

    Marlon De Jesus - MMTS wrote:
    | You may go to [url]http://www.macromedia.com/nl/contact/[/url] for the contact
    information.

    Oh,.. you mean the number where you get relayed through to England - get
    an English speaking Customer Services operator (after 10 minutes of
    waiting that is), who speaks a *HEAVY* Northern British dialect and
    seemingly hasn't heard of the commercial cards they sent out to
    everybody (yes with their address affixed to it)?

    <rant>

    Let me explain: I received a Macromedia Studio MX 2004 card yesterday
    via snail mail with a commercial message on it and a code. I called the
    Customer Support line you just mentioned and they did not know where the
    card came from. Okay, I WAS contact by someone from Macromedia a couple
    of days ago (sorry can't share the name here for obvious reasons) who
    wanted to have my addy. Maybe this was related to the card I got but it
    was sent by Macromedia in England. They "are on it" and would send me
    feedback this day or tomorrow.

    I have worked for Customer Services in 3 seperate companies in my career
    and I have (sorry to rant!) seen my share of disorganised support.
    Although Macromedia does a pretty good job with its support, I do think
    that global departments of Macromedia should be better connected and
    share their information more efficient. To give you an example: I had to
    relay (NOT CONFIRM!) my address information *AFTER* I already said who I
    was (name, surname and country) while I was already registered with
    Macromedia 1 years ago. Why don't they have that information available
    up front?

    I don't mean to rant, complain or otherwise be negative about Macromedia
    (hey I want to be TMM one day remember! just kidding..) - but you have
    to agree with me that some things are not very clear here.
    Last year I went to a Macromedia event in Utrecht and they were out of
    T-shirts so they promised to send people one later (me included). Up
    until this day I have not seen my T-shirt.

    Macromedia (and again, I am prohibited to discuss this here) has
    'improved' their customer support lines. I *KNOW* that these are in the
    countries respected native spoken languages. Why then, is my Customer
    Service number in English?
    I don't mind all that much since i'm pretty well with my English
    speaking tongue even some dialects like Northhampshire and Londonese,
    but what about someone from France who can hardly speak the language
    (sorry folks but this is just my opinion) let alone speak any dialect?

    </rant>

    Coen

  6. #6

    > I have worked for Customer Services in 3 seperate companies in my career
    > and I have (sorry to rant!) seen my share of disorganised support.
    > Although Macromedia does a pretty good job with its support, I do think
    > that global departments of Macromedia should be better connected and
    > share their information more efficient. To give you an example: I had to
    > relay (NOT CONFIRM!) my address information *AFTER* I already said who I
    > was (name, surname and country) while I was already registered with
    > Macromedia 1 years ago. Why don't they have that information available
    > up front?
    OK, in the Netherlands I could buy that there might only be one Coen Naninck
    that uses Macromedia products. However, how many "John Smiths" do you think
    there are in the UK using MM products? Or (insert common French name here)
    in France? Of course you had to tell them exactly who you are...

    Hope this clarifies;

    Amy

    Amy Blankenship Guest

  7. #7

    Hi Coen

    Coen Naninck wrote:
    > Then look here: [url]http://dynamic.macromedia.com/bin/MM/store/UK/home.jsp[/url]
    > The UK version of the same webshop. It says:
    >
    > Full Studio MX 2004 = 699 Pounds
    > Upgrade from Studio MX 2004 = 309 Pounds
    > Full Studio MX 2004 with Flash Professional = 799 Pounds
    > Upgrade to Studio MX 2004 with Flash Professional = 239 Pounds
    >
    > The Full version without Flash Pro is indeed cheaper than with Flash
    > Pro, but the upgrade pricing is totally the other way around.
    > Upgrading to MX 2004 with Flash Pro is actually cheaper than upgrading
    > without Flash Pro.
    Not quite - the upgrade price for Studio MX 2004 with Flash Pro of 239
    is for an upgrade from Studio MX 2004. In other words, 239 gets you
    Flash Pro and any other bits that aren't inlcuded in Studio MX 2004. The
    upgrade price from Studio MX to Studio MX 2004 with Flash Pro is 389.
    All the info is available if you click on the upgrade eligibility link
    on the MM store page.

    Hope this helps,
    Nigel H.

    Nigel Hodgetts Guest