Professional Web Applications Themes

MacSOUP 2.5b3 available - Mac Networking

The third beta release of MacSOUP 2.5 is available from <http://home.snafu.de/stk/macsoup/> This version should be very stable now, you might also call it a release candidate. It still doesn't contain a manual, that's the main reason for it still being beta. Please read the enclosed ReadMe file! It contains important information. -- Stefan Haller Berlin, Germany [url]http://home.snafu.de/stk/[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default MacSOUP 2.5b3 available

    --
    Stefan Haller
    Berlin, Germany
    [url]http://home.snafu.de/stk/[/url]
    Stefan Haller Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: MacSOUP 2.5b3 available

    Ben Loughran <gwbushnospamwhitehouse.gov> wrote:
    > Stefan Haller <stksnafu.de> wrote:
    >
    > > The third beta release of MacSOUP 2.5 is available from
    > >
    > > <http://home.snafu.de/stk/macsoup/>
    >
    > Want to bet?
    I downloaded mine about 15 minutes ago. See header.

    --
    Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, OSOS#5 - BMW K100RS 8v, Honda Concerto 16v
    Windows free zone (Mac G3)

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Stefan Haller <stksnafu.de> wrote:
    > The third beta release of MacSOUP 2.5 is available
    Thank you Herr Heller for such a wonderful program. Your beta releases
    are better than many final releases for other programs.

    Ross Bernheim
    Ross Bernheim Guest

  6. #6

    Stylewriter wrote:
    > [email]enoughidontcare.com[/email] wrote.::. >>
    >
    >>Then WHY would you want to run it on a Windows POS?
    >>

    > :) some of us don't have any choice :)

    Everyone has a choice.....

    ;-)

    --
    David Kennedy

    [url]http://www.anindianinexile.com[/url]

    David Kennedy Guest

  7. #7

  8. #8

    David Kennedy <david.kennedyno.spam.today.thanks.invalid> wrote:
    > > :) some of us don't have any choice :)
    >
    > Everyone has a choice.....
    Haven't you read about the terrorist group that's been wiring people
    with explosives and forcing them to read newsgroups on PCs?

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    <http://www.macconsult.com>
    <http://bogart-tribute.net>
    Mike Rosenberg Guest

  9. #9

  10. #10

    "Mike Rosenberg" <mikePOSTTOGROUP.invalid> wrote in message
    news:1fxgn8d.rxyexnb66g86N%mikePOSTTOGROUP.invali d...
    > David Kennedy <david.kennedyno.spam.today.thanks.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > > :) some of us don't have any choice :)
    > >
    > > Everyone has a choice.....
    >
    > Haven't you read about the terrorist group that's been wiring people
    > with explosives and forcing them to read newsgroups on PCs?
    OK, that would make the choice a bit trickier - still, explosives are the
    quicker way out

    Woody

    Woody Guest

  11. #11

  12. #12

    Woody wrote:
    > "Mike Rosenberg" <mikePOSTTOGROUP.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:1fxgn8d.rxyexnb66g86N%mikePOSTTOGROUP.invali d...

    >>>Everyone has a choice.....
    >>
    >>Haven't you read about the terrorist group that's been wiring people
    >>with explosives and forcing them to read newsgroups on PCs?
    >

    > OK, that would make the choice a bit trickier - still, explosives are the
    > quicker way out

    It is a tricky choice when you think about it, use a PC or be n up....

    Hmmmm now which would I choose.....

  13. #13

  14. #14

    Mark wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:43:09 +0100, David Kennedy wrote
    > (in message <3F02E16D.6000906no.spam.today.thanks.invalid>) :
    >

    >>>OK, that would make the choice a bit trickier - still, explosives are the
    >>>quicker way out
    >>>

    >>It is a tricky choice when you think about it, use a PC or be n up....
    >>
    >>Hmmmm now which would I choose.....
    >>

    > But can't you just see it?
    >
    > PC explosives:
    > Sorry this charge requires detonater XP or higher.
    > (Non)Fatal Error E2235224234P

    ;p

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Stefan Haller <stksnafu.de> wrote:
    > The third beta release of MacSOUP 2.5 is available from
    >
    > <http://home.snafu.de/stk/macsoup/>
    >
    > This version should be very stable now, you might also call it a release
    > candidate. It still doesn't contain a manual, that's the main reason
    > for it still being beta.
    >
    > Please read the enclosed ReadMe file! It contains important
    > information.
    I just downgraded to 2.5b2 from 2.5b3, now I'm a happy man again, as
    2.5b2 allows me to keep all the postings of the day in the groupview
    "New". It is being cleared every time you connect to server i 2.5b3.
    --
    The trouble with the global village are all the
    global village idiots. - Paul Ginsparg.

  17. #17

    Jesper <noneinvalid.invalid> wrote:
    > I just downgraded to 2.5b2 from 2.5b3, now I'm a happy man again, as
    > 2.5b2 allows me to keep all the postings of the day in the groupview
    > "New". It is being cleared every time you connect to server i 2.5b3.
    Funny how views can differ. I was pleasantly surprised by this new
    behavior - it's especially useful when I read binaries groups.
    Anders Eklöf Guest

  18. #18

    Default Groupview [was Re: MacSOUP 2.5b3 available]

    Jesper <noneinvalid.invalid> wrote:
    > I just downgraded to 2.5b2 from 2.5b3, now I'm a happy man again, as
    > 2.5b2 allows me to keep all the postings of the day in the groupview
    > "New". It is being cleared every time you connect to server i 2.5b3.
    I've never seen any hint of a 'groupview "New"' in MacSOUP! I can find
    no mention of it in the manual or in the readme.

    Is GroupView "New" a facility that only appears with OS X?

    If GroupView is available somewhere with OS 9, how do I get at it?

    TIA

    --
    Hylton
    Twin USB iBook, Mac OS 9.2.2, iCab 2.9.1

    Hylton Boothroyd Guest

  19. #19

    Default Re: Groupview [was Re: MacSOUP 2.5b3 available]

    I wrote:
    > I've never seen any hint of a 'groupview "New"' in MacSOUP! I can find
    > no mention of it in the manual or in the readme.
    Or are you just talking about the "New" option that's "always" been
    there in each individual newsgroup?

    --
    Hylton
    Hylton Boothroyd Guest

  20. #20

    Hylton Boothroyd <hb-jtbdircon.co.uk> wrote:
    > Jesper <noneinvalid.invalid> wrote:
    > > I just downgraded to 2.5b2 from 2.5b3, now I'm a happy man again, as
    > > 2.5b2 allows me to keep all the postings of the day in the groupview
    > > "New". It is being cleared every time you connect to server i 2.5b3.
    >
    > I've never seen any hint of a 'groupview "New"' in MacSOUP! I can find
    > no mention of it in the manual or in the readme.
    >
    > Is GroupView "New" a facility that only appears with OS X?
    >
    > If GroupView is available somewhere with OS 9, how do I get at it?
    With an article list window active, press Command + 5 or look for the
    pop-up menu in the lower left corner.
    Neill Massello Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast