Professional Web Applications Themes

Mail Merge - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hi, I am adding an e-mail merge to my database. I used the wizard to set up the e-mail and link it to the data. However, some of my users are not particularly savvy, and there seems to be an awful lot of clicks involved if one wants to go from the form that shows the data to the merge (open the query, click the Office Links button, hit Merge With Word, etc.) Is there a way to make a command button automate this feature? I would like it simply to send the e-mail, since the data is merged and ...

  1. #1

    Default Mail Merge

    Hi,

    I am adding an e-mail merge to my database. I used the wizard to set
    up the e-mail and link it to the data. However, some of my users are
    not particularly savvy, and there seems to be an awful lot of clicks
    involved if one wants to go from the form that shows the data to the
    merge (open the query, click the Office Links button, hit Merge With
    Word, etc.) Is there a way to make a command button automate this
    feature? I would like it simply to send the e-mail, since the data is
    merged and saved with the file (as near as I can tell). Barring that,
    however, a command button that opens the Merge wizard to the
    appropriate doent would be helpful as well.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Matt
    Matthew DeAngelis Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Mail Merge

    Hi,

    take a look at the following Microsoft articles.

    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209882[/url]

    (ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Create a Word 2000
    Merge Doent)

    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209976[/url]

    (ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Run Word 2000 Mail
    Merge from Access)

    hth

    chas

    chas Guest

  3. #3

    chas wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > take a look at the following Microsoft articles.
    >
    > [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209882[/url]
    >
    > (ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Create a Word 2000
    > Merge Doent)
    >
    > [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209976[/url]
    >
    > (ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Run Word 2000 Mail
    > Merge from Access)
    >
    > hth
    >
    > chas

    Thanks, that does the trick very well.

    Regards,
    Matt
    Matthew DeAngelis Guest

  4. #4

    Is it possible to do a mail merge in InDesign similiar to the one you can do in MS Word. I would really like to lay out my marketing pieces in InDesign, but they need to be personally addressed. Am I asking too much?
    Michelle_Alexander@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    If you have InDesign CS then you can do this using the Pagemaker plugins.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  6. #6

    I'm using InDesign CS v. 3 with PageMaker plug-in... my issue is with the mail merge ... I've designed a postcard that I want to print 2-up on an 8 1/2 x11 piece of paper-- I want record 1 on the top card and record 2 on the second card-ON THE SAME PAGE.. I know there is a mulitple record feature but it (ok I'm) is not working right... I just get record 1 twice.... Help! Thanks!
    Sherry
    Sherry_Johnson@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Sherry,

    Been a while since I've done this and Ken had to help me out.

    As I recall, you need to have only one postcard on the page to use the multiple record feature. If done properly, it will repopulate the page with the other post cards and different names.

    Do a search of the forum and see if you can't find the other threads. It is a tad confusing at the beginning, to get the hang of it, then it works like a charm.
    NTD@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    THANKS!! I got it!! I was trying to recreate the whole thing myself... I had no idea it would duplicate the entire postcard-- HOW COOL IS THAT!?? That was just the info Ineeded to figure it out--

  9. #9

    Glad it worked for you.
    NTD@adobeforums.com Guest