I have a spam folder. I check it once in a while for false positives
(rarely found).

I'd like to run a cron job that would clean out messages older than a
15 days.

Any harm in doing something like:

rm `find ~/Maildir/.spam -type f -mtime 15`

or maybe better to pipe find to xargs

find ~/Maildir/.spam -type f -mtime 15 -print0 | xargs -null rm -f

Each folder has three subdirectories: cur, new, and tmp. Plus there's a
courierimapuiddb file. Messages look like this in "new":

1059968029.13519_1.mardy

and like this in "cur":

1059944854.6608_1.mardy:2,S

If the above find removes the courierimapuiddb will that cause any
problems?

I'm not quite sure I understand when messages are moved from "new" to
"cur".

--
Bill Moseley
[email]moseleyhank.org[/email]