Professional Web Applications Themes

Mailing list server with PHP frontend - PHP Development

Hi, Maybe is this what you want; [url]http://www.eternalmart.com/[/url] Regards, Frank ----- Original Message ----- From: "Juan Nin" <juaidjuanin.com> To: <php-generallists.php.net> Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 1:47 AM Subject: [PHP] Mailing list server with PHP frontend > Hi! > I want to know if anyone knows about a good mailing list manager that has > got a PHP administration frontend > > I've found many PHP scripts for sending newsletters and announcementes, but > that's it's not what I want > I want a system like Mailman, Sympa or Majordomo (the mailing list server > may be programmed in Perl or ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: [PHP] Mailing list server with PHP frontend

    Hi,

    Maybe is this what you want;

    [url]http://www.eternalmart.com/[/url]

    Regards,

    Frank
    > I want to know if anyone knows about a good mailing list manager that has
    > got a PHP administration frontend
    >
    > I've found many PHP scripts for sending newsletters and announcementes,
    but
    > that's it's not what I want
    > I want a system like Mailman, Sympa or Majordomo (the mailing list server
    > may be programmed in Perl or whatever), but it must provide a PHP frontend
    > for administration, subscription, etc
    >
    > It would be great if messages are stored in a database like MySQL and it
    > must be free software
    > Does this exist??
    >
    > Thanks in advanced,
    >
    > Juan
    >

    > --

    Frank Keessen Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    Saturday, July 12, 2003, 9:47:29 AM, you wrote:
    JN> Hi!
    JN> I want to know if anyone knows about a good mailing list manager that has
    JN> got a PHP administration frontend

    JN> I've found many PHP scripts for sending newsletters and announcementes, but
    JN> that's it's not what I want
    JN> I want a system like Mailman, Sympa or Majordomo (the mailing list server
    JN> may be programmed in Perl or whatever), but it must provide a PHP frontend
    JN> for administration, subscription, etc

    JN> It would be great if messages are stored in a database like MySQL and it
    JN> must be free software
    JN> Does this exist??

    JN> Thanks in advanced,

    JN> Juan

    I use Limez as the list server co existing with qmail (it does not use
    qmail) works very well but not sure if any further development is
    being done. Here is the url

    [url]http://www.limez.net/[/url]

    --
    regards,
    Tom

    Tom Rogers Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Mailing list server with PHP frontend

    Hello,

    On 07/11/2003 08:47 PM, Juan Nin wrote:
    > I want to know if anyone knows about a good mailing list manager that has
    > got a PHP administration frontend
    >
    > I've found many PHP scripts for sending newsletters and announcementes, but
    > that's it's not what I want
    > I want a system like Mailman, Sympa or Majordomo (the mailing list server
    > may be programmed in Perl or whatever), but it must provide a PHP frontend
    > for administration, subscription, etc
    You may want to try this class for creating lists with the ezmlm mailing
    list manager. It has support for creating and editing the lists
    properties and even has a SOAP interface for accessing the subscriptions
    from remote machines.

    [url]http://www.phpclasses.org/ezmlmmanager[/url]

    > It would be great if messages are stored in a database like MySQL and it
    > must be free software
    > Does this exist??
    ezmlm has MySQL bindings for managing the subscription records. The
    messages are stored in disk files though.

    --

    Regards,
    Manuel Lemos

    Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
    [url]http://www.phpclasses.org/[/url]

    Manuel Lemos Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: [PHP] Re: Mailing list server with PHP frontend

    From: "Manuel Lemos" <mlemosacm.org>
    > You may want to try this class for creating lists with the ezmlm mailing
    > list manager. It has support for creating and editing the lists
    > properties and even has a SOAP interface for accessing the subscriptions
    > from remote machines.
    >
    > [url]http://www.phpclasses.org/ezmlmmanager[/url]
    > ezmlm has MySQL bindings for managing the subscription records. The
    > messages are stored in disk files though.
    seems nice, but the problem is I'm not using qmail, I'm using Postfix, and
    ezmlm works with qmail.. :(
    thnx anyway!!!

    I'm looking into programming a PHP interface to Sympa which is programmed in
    Perl
    haven't looked at it too much yet, I hope it isn't too much complicated..

    regards,

    Juan

    Juan Nin Guest

  6. #6

    Hello,

    On 07/13/2003 02:37 AM, Juan Nin wrote:
    >>You may want to try this class for creating lists with the ezmlm mailing
    >>list manager. It has support for creating and editing the lists
    >>properties and even has a SOAP interface for accessing the subscriptions
    >>from remote machines.
    >>
    >>[url]http://www.phpclasses.org/ezmlmmanager[/url]
    >

    >>ezmlm has MySQL bindings for managing the subscription records. The
    >>messages are stored in disk files though.
    >

    > seems nice, but the problem is I'm not using qmail, I'm using Postfix, and
    > ezmlm works with qmail.. :(
    Apparently there is a way to make it work with Postfix too:

    [url]http://www.dmumford.com/tech/ezmlm-postfix.html[/url]

  7. #7

    On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 08:17:03PM -0300, Manuel Lemos wrote:

    > You may want to try this class for creating lists with the ezmlm mailing
    > list manager. It has support for creating and editing the lists
    > properties and even has a SOAP interface for accessing the subscriptions
    > from remote machines.
    The ezmlm package has a number of problems that make it really annoying
    to deal with; it has its own way of interpreting message headers which
    isn't much related to any RFC. The primary problem is the fact that it
    considers the "Return-Path" header (i.e. the envelope sender) to be the
    authoritative address of the sender, superceding the From and Reply-To
    headers. The only way around it is to "spoof" the envelope sender,
    thereby falsifying your headers. Gahgh.

    Now ... if you were to write a class to manage Mailman configs ... that
    would be useful. ;-)

    --
    Paul Chvostek <paulit.ca>
    it.canada [url]http://www.it.ca/[/url]