Professional Web Applications Themes

MailMessage Class - ASP.NET General

Hi, Did someone know if sending email with smtpmail.send to HOTMAIL cause any problem. My system send an automatic email to the user, but many user does'nt receive the email, but i have a "bcc" set to my email and a receive the email each time. Can HOTMAIL block email because they think it'a a SPAM or something like that ? Thank you ?...

  1. #1

    Default MailMessage Class

    Hi,

    Did someone know if sending email with smtpmail.send to HOTMAIL cause
    any problem.

    My system send an automatic email to the user, but many user does'nt
    receive the email, but i have a "bcc" set to my email and a receive the
    email each time. Can HOTMAIL block email because they think it'a a SPAM or
    something like that ?

    Thank you ?

    lostman Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: MailMessage Class

    Just for information, the same problem occur sometime with email on our own
    server.. not only with HOTMAIL.

    Thanks !

    "lostman" <lostmancablevision.qc.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Did someone know if sending email with smtpmail.send to HOTMAIL cause
    > any problem.
    >
    > My system send an automatic email to the user, but many user does'nt
    > receive the email, but i have a "bcc" set to my email and a receive the
    > email each time. Can HOTMAIL block email because they think it'a a SPAM or
    > something like that ?
    >
    > Thank you ?

    lostman Guest

  3. #3

    I doubt it would be anything related to the MailMessage class.
    It is possible that hotmail thinks that your email is span and filters it
    out.

    Try sending the exact same contents of the email with the exact same
    receipients and see what happens.

    "lostman" <lostmancablevision.qc.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Did someone know if sending email with smtpmail.send to HOTMAIL cause
    > any problem.
    >
    > My system send an automatic email to the user, but many user does'nt
    > receive the email, but i have a "bcc" set to my email and a receive the
    > email each time. Can HOTMAIL block email because they think it'a a SPAM or
    > something like that ?
    >
    > Thank you ?

    Marina Guest

  4. #4

    ok, last informations ;o))

    The problem seems to occur on every email address.

    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

    And i don't get any error message.

    The original message is not sent, but the copy to my email address is sent.
    Sometime the two message are sent, another time just the original.

    It's very confusing..

    Did someone have any idea ?

    > Just for information, the same problem occur sometime with email on our
    own
    > server.. not only with HOTMAIL.
    >
    > Thanks !
    >

    > "lostman" <lostmancablevision.qc.ca> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Did someone know if sending email with smtpmail.send to HOTMAIL
    cause
    > > any problem.
    > >
    > > My system send an automatic email to the user, but many user does'nt
    > > receive the email, but i have a "bcc" set to my email and a receive the
    > > email each time. Can HOTMAIL block email because they think it'a a SPAM
    or
    > > something like that ?
    > >
    > > Thank you ?

    lostman Guest

  5. #5

    My bcc is not to a hotmail account, it's my email from the job (and also the
    ISP, so very near the mail server ;o) ).

    Yesterday i've changed the smtp server i use to send the email, and i did'nt
    receive any message from user who have not recevie the email..
    Maybe the problem was the smtp server.. but each day the number of user
    registering in the system are less (little problem with my english here ;o))
    so maybe it will take a couple of day to see if the problem was the Smtp
    server.

    Thanks !

    "MS News (MS ILM)" <sql_agentmanhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Check if your users have high Filtering on their Hotmail accounts. May be
    > it is in the Bulk folder or some spam folder.
    >
    > I send to Hotmail users all the time and I don't have a problem that I
    know
    > off!
    >
    > The only thing about hotmail is there is a few minute delay of getting
    email
    > at times. Also if Spam Filter is very strict
    >
    > How do you know it was sent, I know you are getting your bcc. Is you bcc
    > a hotmail account?
    >
    > may be your SMTP has some problem
    >
    > Also the MailMessage Should provide us all with some Error but it does not
    > except in some cases only
    >

    > "lostman" <lostmancablevision.qc.ca> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Did someone know if sending email with smtpmail.send to HOTMAIL
    cause
    > > any problem.
    > >
    > > My system send an automatic email to the user, but many user does'nt
    > > receive the email, but i have a "bcc" set to my email and a receive the
    > > email each time. Can HOTMAIL block email because they think it'a a SPAM
    or
    > > something like that ?
    > >
    > > Thank you ?

    lostman Guest