Professional Web Applications Themes

Maintain appearance - ASP Database

Hello all, I've developed a website system that stores all the pages of a website into a database table (id int, content text). Is there a way that a user could say type all their editing (underlines, bolds, colors, etc.) in a separate place then insert it into a database that will then use their exisiting edits (underlines, bolds, colors, etc) when displaying their webpage in a browser window. The page is retrieved from the querystring (ex. page.asp? id=4) The database field that holds the text of a page is a text field, it can take HTML, but I don't ...

  1. #1

    Default Maintain appearance

    Hello all,

    I've developed a website system that stores all the pages
    of a website into a database table (id int, content
    text). Is there a way that a user could say type all
    their editing (underlines, bolds, colors, etc.) in a
    separate place then insert it into a database that will
    then use their exisiting edits (underlines, bolds, colors,
    etc) when displaying their webpage in a browser window.

    The page is retrieved from the querystring (ex. page.asp?
    id=4)

    The database field that holds the text of a page is a text
    field, it can take HTML, but I don't want to require the
    user know HTML when inserting their data.
    Shawn Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Maintain appearance

    "Shawn" <programmingjards.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I've developed a website system that stores all the pages
    > of a website into a database table (id int, content
    > text). Is there a way that a user could say type all
    > their editing (underlines, bolds, colors, etc.) in a
    > separate place then insert it into a database that will
    > then use their exisiting edits (underlines, bolds, colors,
    > etc) when displaying their webpage in a browser window.
    >
    > The page is retrieved from the querystring (ex. page.asp?
    > id=4)
    >
    > The database field that holds the text of a page is a text
    > field, it can take HTML, but I don't want to require the
    > user know HTML when inserting their data.
    Why don't you have

    ID, content, csspage

    if you are not familer with CSS.

    put this in a page and save it as test.css

    A{
    text-decoration: underline
    }

    then put this in the html page
    <LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="test.css">

    you can find all the properties for CSS here
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/css/reference/css_ref_entry.asp?frame=true[/url]

    Mosley Guest

  3. #3

    That seems good, but what about when a person wants a
    certain headline to be bold? Like for instance, lets
    assume this is the text:

    Content: My Content (title)
    fdas as fsjda;kfsdfsda kasdf asdfas f
    fas;lk jaskl jfk;lsjfskadas kasf;s as
    faslkjf; ksakfsa;jkfdas fjsdakf a
    fkj;dasf (underline that) fdasjfsdaf

    How could a stylesheet take into account those random
    underlines, or bold text that could be anywhere in the
    text?

    Please let me know.

    Sf

    Shawn Guest

  4. #4

    Not too long ago in the asp.general group I saw a reference to a component
    that created an HTML Editbox that should do what you want. Try browsing the
    last month or so and look for "HTML editor" or "RTF Editor".

    --
    Mark Schupp
    --

    > That seems good, but what about when a person wants a
    > certain headline to be bold? Like for instance, lets
    > assume this is the text:
    >
    > Content: My Content (title)
    > fdas as fsjda;kfsdfsda kasdf asdfas f
    > fas;lk jaskl jfk;lsjfskadas kasf;s as
    > faslkjf; ksakfsa;jkfdas fjsdakf a
    > fkj;dasf (underline that) fdasjfsdaf
    >
    > How could a stylesheet take into account those random
    > underlines, or bold text that could be anywhere in the
    > text?
    >
    > Please let me know.
    >
    > Sf

    Mark Schupp Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks, I found that one and another one that I felt you
    all should know about, totally free.

    [url]http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/[/url]

    Enjoy and Thanks a million!

    Shawn Guest

  6. #6

    > Thanks, I found that one and another one that I felt you
    > all should know about, totally free.
    A{
    text-decoration : underline ;
    font-weight : 900
    }

    you can look them all up here
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/css/reference/css_ref_entry.asp?frame=true[/url]

    > [url]http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/[/url]
    >
    > Enjoy and Thanks a million!

    Mosley Guest

  7. #7

    Pretty nice looking but doesn't work with NS (tried 4.5 and 7). It degrades
    to a plain text area.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    --