Professional Web Applications Themes

Maintain query string and somehow auto refresh a pagewith that string intact - Macromedia ColdFusion

I have a drill down where on page one the user selects criteria to narrow down the search for a speicific group of employees(like all hired between day1 and day 10) OK then they hit submit and a list is created from the db from the parameters they selected. Now this list has the emp. names as hyperlinks and you can click that name and it takes you to that employees main info page and here comes the problem......if you hit the back button I get this IE error message: ----------------------------------- Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was ...

  1. #1

    Default Maintain query string and somehow auto refresh a pagewith that string intact

    I have a drill down where on page one the user selects criteria to narrow down
    the search for a speicific group of employees(like all hired between day1 and
    day 10)
    OK then they hit submit and a list is created from the db from the parameters
    they selected. Now this list has the emp. names as hyperlinks and you can
    click that name and it takes you to that employees main info page and here
    comes the problem......if you hit the back button I get this IE error message:
    -----------------------------------

    Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information
    you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security
    precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information
    for you.

    To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.
    -------------------------------------

    I need to make it so that it recalls the last page in history and allows users
    to go back in the browser. It needs to maintain the query string that was
    created from page one(the page where they selected the dates to search within)
    and refresh the dynamically created list of emp's based on page one criteria.
    Sorry if this is not making sense. Any help is greatly appreciated

    Newkirk Guest

  2. #2

    how about if you did a link that referred to the
    back button as:

    (may need to place inside <cfoutput> tags)

    --
    Tami
    aka DixieGal

    **************************
    The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in
    the morning
    and does not stop until you get into the office.
    --Robert Frost
    **************************

    "Newkirk" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    | I have a drill down where on page one the user selects criteria to narrow
    down
    | the search for a speicific group of employees(like all hired between day1
    and
    | day 10)
    | OK then they hit submit and a list is created from the db from the
    parameters
    | they selected. Now this list has the emp. names as hyperlinks and you can
    | click that name and it takes you to that employees main info page and here
    | comes the problem......if you hit the back button I get this IE error
    message:
    | -----------------------------------
    |
    | Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
    information
    | you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security
    | precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your
    information
    | for you.
    |
    | To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
    button.

    | I need to make it so that it recalls the last page in history and allows
    users
    | to go back in the browser. It needs to maintain the query string that was
    | created from page one(the page where they selected the dates to search
    within)
    | and refresh the dynamically created list of emp's based on page one
    criteria.
    | Sorry if this is not making sense. Any help is greatly appreciated

    DixieGal Guest