Professional Web Applications Themes

Major Fire At B&H Photo Warehouse In New York City - Photography

Does anyone know if the major fire at the B&H Warehouse in New York City is affecting delivery of products from that company?...

  1. #1

    Default Major Fire At B&H Photo Warehouse In New York City

    Does anyone know if the major fire at the B&H Warehouse in New York City is
    affecting delivery of products from that company?

    Rural Guest

  2. #2

    "Rural 23" <com> wrote in message
    No delays are forecast.
    Lenses may be a bit smoky though:-)

    Lew Guest

  3. #3

    "Lew Zeelastik" <com> wrote in message
    > No delays are forecast.
    > Lenses may be a bit smoky though:-)[/ref]

    I sure hope not I'm getting ready to buy a new lens!!! :-)

    --

    Rob

    Robert Guest

  4. #4

    Maybe they'll have a fire sale with some red hot specials . . .

    bmoag Guest

  5. #5

    In article <hVuTd.6961$news.prodigy.com>,
    net says...

    Oof. I hate to laugh at bad puns, but that was pretty good.

    Well, I guess they'll specialize in underwater photography equipment.
    AS in equipment that has been underwater!
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
    Brian Guest

  6. #6

    "Rural 23" <com> wrote in

    I'm also concerned whether anyone was injured or not...call me a
    square, but I hope all of the employees are OK.

    --

    Bill
    Woodchuck Guest

  7. #7

    "Rural 23" <com> wrote in

    Geez, and I just got my new catalogue the other day. Think I'll wait and
    check the website next week.

    VincentJames Guest

  8. #8

    "Woodchuck Bill" <com> wrote in message

    > I'm also concerned whether anyone was injured or not...call me a
    > square, but I hope all of the employees are OK.[/ref]

    They say there was only one minor injury.

    C Guest

  9. #9

    Woodchuck Bill wrote:

    > I'm also concerned whether anyone was injured or not...call me a
    > square, but I hope all of the employees are OK.
    >[/ref]

    The news said only one minor injury, thank goodness. Four alarms and
    168 firefighters, sounds pretty major. I'm sure they've got insurance,
    but I'm also sure that it will take a little time to fix the building
    and rebuild stock levels.

    Lisa
    Lisa Guest

  10. #10

    Lisa Horton <net> wrote in

    >> I'm also concerned whether anyone was injured or not...call me a
    >> square, but I hope all of the employees are OK.
    >>[/ref]
    >
    > The news said only one minor injury, thank goodness. Four alarms
    > and 168 firefighters, sounds pretty major. I'm sure they've got
    > insurance, but I'm also sure that it will take a little time to
    > fix the building and rebuild stock levels.
    >
    > Lisa
    >[/ref]

    Thank you for the update. It is good to know that there were no
    (immediate) serious injuries...of course, smoke damage could have a
    delayed effect, but I'll hope for the best.

    --

    Bill
    Woodchuck Guest

  11. #11

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:22:42 -0500, "Rural 23" <com> wrote:

    Insurance job?

    Ken Guest

  12. #12

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:56:54 -0800, Lisa Horton
    <net> wrote:

    >> I'm also concerned whether anyone was injured or not...call me a
    >> square, but I hope all of the employees are OK.
    >>[/ref]
    >
    >The news said only one minor injury, thank goodness. Four alarms and
    >168 firefighters, sounds pretty major. I'm sure they've got insurance,
    >but I'm also sure that it will take a little time to fix the building
    >and rebuild stock levels.
    >
    >Lisa[/ref]

    I'm also glad to hear about only 1 minor injury. There are two wayus I
    don't want to die: burning & drowning. Either one gives me the
    shivers!
    It'll take some time to rebuild stock, but the building can be
    replaced with any of several that can be rented/leased short term.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

  13. #13

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:52:03 +1100, Ken Oaf <com.au>
    wrote:

    >Insurance job?
    >[/ref]
    Certainy not by B&H. No reason.
    I don't know if the building was leased (probably was), but B&H would
    be paying enough to make an insurance fire unlikely.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

  14. #14

    Big Bill wrote:

    A frined of mine nearly drowned. He was terrified. Until he couldn't breathe.
    Then he felt quite peaceful. Then he got pulled out of the surf. Then it got
    nasty! But he is very thankful to be alive... (Cheers Barry!).

    Burning must be the worst way to go...

    Alan.

    Alan Guest

  15. #15

    "Alan Browne" <ca> wrote in message

    No, surviving extensive burns might be bad, but if you burn to death usually
    you take one breath and your lungs are seared and it is lights out.

    Cancer is the worst way to go, especially if the kidneys stop functioning
    and small crystals start getting into your capillaries so that every nerve
    ending in your body is inflamed. You can't even scream.

    C Guest

  16. #16

    In article <cvnhtr$r4e$gazeta.pl>,
    ca says...

    > A frined of mine nearly drowned. He was terrified. Until he couldn't breathe.
    > Then he felt quite peaceful. Then he got pulled out of the surf. Then it got
    > nasty! But he is very thankful to be alive... (Cheers Barry!).[/ref]

    Oof. And lucky. Cheers indeed.

    I'd imagine so. But it's a lot faster than certain types of very
    painful cancers.
    Brian Guest

  17. #17

    C J Campbell wrote:

    > No, surviving extensive burns might be bad, but if you burn to death usually
    > you take one breath and your lungs are seared and it is lights out.
    >
    > Cancer is the worst way to go, especially if the kidneys stop functioning and
    > small crystals start getting into your capillaries so that every nerve ending
    > in your body is inflamed. You can't even scream.[/ref]

    I agree that cancer is a terrible way to die by disease ... the context however
    was accidents. And no, not all 'burning deaths' are that fast, such as someone
    mechnically trapped in a vehicle, quite able to breathe and being burned in
    non-critical areas before the flames spread... I hate to be gruesome, but there
    are many variations on these themes.

    Alan Guest

  18. #18

    Brian Baird wrote:

    > I'd imagine so. But it's a lot faster than certain types of very
    > painful cancers.[/ref]

    .... I meant in accidental context.

    Alan Guest

  19. #19

    In article <cvnr2l$8nb$gazeta.pl>,
    ca says...

    > > I'd imagine so. But it's a lot faster than certain types of very
    > > painful cancers.[/ref]
    >
    > ... I meant in accidental context.[/ref]

    Oh yeah. In an accident context, burning is no fun. I'd rather be
    disemboweled.

    But then again, if I WAS disemboweled, I'd probably be thinking: "Gee,
    fire wouldn't be such a bad option right now..."

    I guess it's all context.
    Brian Guest

  20. #20

    "Big Bill" <com> wrote in message

    >>Insurance job?
    >>[/ref]
    > Certainy not by B&H. No reason.
    > I don't know if the building was leased (probably was), but B&H would
    > be paying enough to make an insurance fire unlikely.
    >[/ref]

    It's certainly not an insurance job - it wasn't the B&H warehouse that
    caught fire, it was an adjacent building. B&H sufferred some water damage
    as a result.

    Peter Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast