Professional Web Applications Themes

Making 3D object invisible then visible - Macromedia Director 3D

Currently at the start of my movie when played i have a screen model set to invisible with member("3DHousePrototype_v2").model("Screen").visi bility = #none This is working fine. However to make it visible again i have a button that is to be clicked and when done so it executes this code on mouseUp me member("3DHousePrototype_v2).model("Screen").visib ility = #both end This is the problem area as when clicked it is not making the screen visible again. I have also tried the removeFromWorld code, which works when the movie is played. But when the button is clicked with the addToWorld code it does not ...

  1. #1

    Default Making 3D object invisible then visible

    Currently at the start of my movie when played i have a screen model set to
    invisible with

    member("3DHousePrototype_v2").model("Screen").visi bility = #none

    This is working fine.
    However to make it visible again i have a button that is to be clicked and
    when done so it executes this code

    on mouseUp me
    member("3DHousePrototype_v2).model("Screen").visib ility = #both
    end

    This is the problem area as when clicked it is not making the screen visible
    again. I have also tried the removeFromWorld code, which works when the movie
    is played. But when the button is clicked with the addToWorld code it does not
    execute.
    I am not sure what i am doing wrong, whether there is something wrong with the
    button or it is not possible to do this.
    Help.....

    From Nat

    naddasmiles Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Making 3D object invisible then visible

    Hello Nat,

    Why using #both ? Why not #front ? Do you really need two sided polygons ?

    Also, there is a missing quote (") in your button code snippet for the
    3DHousePrototype cast member.

    Alternatively, check the Model Visibility behavior in the Chrome Lib free 2.0
    version:
    [url]http://www.chromelib.com[/url]

    Best regards,
    Karl.

    Newt99 Guest

  3. #3

    Originally posted by: Newt99

    Hello Nat,

    Why using #both ? Why not #front ? Do you really need two sided polygons ?

    Also, there is a missing quote (") in your button code snippet for the
    3DHousePrototype cast member.

    Alternatively, check the Model Visibility behavior in the Chrome Lib free 2.0
    version:
    [url]http://www.chromelib.com[/url]

    Best regards,
    Karl.

    Newt99,
    not sure if you are giving a suggetion or not, but setting the visiblity
    #front wouldn't solve the problem. In addition, I don't think the missing quote
    would cause this problem either. In fact if thier is a missing quote, Director
    should pop-up a script error when Nat had compiled the script or if Nat didn't
    compiled it, it still should of given the script error when Nat closed the
    script window.

    Nat,
    from looking what you have gave us, and ignoring the typo error, this script
    should of worked. The best thing I would suggest is in your "on mouseUp" event
    handler, add this to it...

    put member("3DHousePrototype_v2).model("Screen").visib ility

    ... then open your message window and run the movie and click on the button
    that actives the mouse call. When you click on the button, in message window it
    should put the value of 1 or 0. If the value is 1 then that means the visibilty
    is true, and it might have to do with the shader that is applied to the model.
    However if the value is 0, then I have no clue what is going on without seeing
    your full beaviour script. In addition, it could be that their is another
    script that is attatched to this sprite that is interfering with this.

    Roofy Guest