|| hiddend layer with the image to stay always up|| and then on the "image_link" apply the behvior onMouseOver (or whatever) of the show/hide the layer with the "dissjoint". if u have multiple "dissjoints" then just apply the same behavior on the link but only show the one single corresponding layer at the time. all the best! [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => lebisol webforumsuser@macromedia.com [ip] => "lebisol" webfo [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 3 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Making a swapped image stay open - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Making a swapped image stay open - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I'm sure there must be a way to make a swapped image that's part of a disjointed rollover stay up after the mouse has left the control image, because a friend of mine (who's away on vacation) discovered how to do it, but I can't figure it out by myself and my manual is burried in a carton that's temporarilly in storage while work on my space is completed. So I'd really appreciate it if someone would give me point-by-point instructions on how to do it. My goal is to have a button trigger a swap that reveals an image ...

  1. #1

    Default Making a swapped image stay open

    I'm sure there must be a way to make a swapped image that's part of a disjointed rollover stay up after the mouse has left the control image, because a friend of mine (who's away on vacation) discovered how to do it, but I can't figure it out by myself and my manual is burried in a carton that's temporarilly in storage while work on my space is completed. So I'd really appreciate it if someone would give me point-by-point instructions on how to do it. My goal is to have a button trigger a swap that reveals an image with hot spots, so this image can be used to activate other activities. Please advise. Thanks!

    Jonclyde webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Making a swapped image stay open

    > I'm sure there must be a way to make a swapped image that's part of a
    disjointed rollover stay up after the mouse has left the control image,

    Just don't use the onMouseOut event.
    > My goal is to have a button trigger a swap that reveals an image with hot
    spots, so this image can be used to activate other activities.

    Realize that the 'hot spots' (image map) will be there regardless of which
    image you show...if that is an issue.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  3. #3

    u could:
    [image_link] --->|| hiddend layer with the image to stay always up||

    lebisol webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you Lebisol. I will give your instructions a try asap. BTW - is there a book that I can by with this sort of thing in it? "Little Known Dreamweaver Tricks," or somesuch? Anyway, thanks again.

    -- Jonathan

    Jonclyde webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: Re:Making a swapped image stay open

    Jon:

    Get -

    Dreamweaver MX: The Missing Manual, by David McFarland (O'Reilly publishers)
    [url]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=522B2T8IPT&isbn=0596003498& itm=1[/url]

    Dreamweaver MX Killer Tips by Joseph Lowery and Angela Buraglia (NewRiders
    publishers)
    [url]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=522B2T8IPT&isbn=0735713022& itm=3[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Jonclyde" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you Lebisol. I will give your instructions a try asap. BTW - is
    there a book that I can by with this sort of thing in it? "Little Known
    Dreamweaver Tricks," or somesuch? Anyway, thanks again.

    > -- Jonathan

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks for the response, Murray. I'll get the book Saturday (I get paid Friday). BTW - I'm not laughing.

    Jonclyde webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    Jon:

    You can laugh when you reply here (many do! 8)

    Just don't do it when you email me....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575