Professional Web Applications Themes

Making an OS X boot CD? - Mac Portable

DaveC <dave-usenet3016mailblocks.com> wrote: > What's the simplest way to make a boot CD with OS X? I can't imagine setting > the OS X installer loose on a disk image and burning that. That would be a > huge install. > > What is the best way to creat a minimum OS X install for use on a boot CD? > There's a utility called Boot CD that allows you to create a bootable OSX cd and including applications on it that you want to have on the CD. I created an emergency boot CD with all my disk and ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Making an OS X boot CD?

    DaveC <dave-usenet3016mailblocks.com> wrote:
    > What's the simplest way to make a boot CD with OS X? I can't imagine setting
    > the OS X installer loose on a disk image and burning that. That would be a
    > huge install.
    >
    > What is the best way to creat a minimum OS X install for use on a boot CD?
    >
    There's a utility called Boot CD that allows you to create a bootable
    OSX cd and including applications on it that you want to have on the CD.
    I created an emergency boot CD with all my disk and file recovery apps
    on it.

    Read the doentation carefully and fully test your new CD and the
    applications on it before assuming everything is fine. I had to fiddle
    around a little to make sure I had all the proper library files on the
    CD before some of the apps ran properly
    Strider Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Making an OS X boot CD?

    In article <1g187jo.13t2mly1bphtl4N%gkarmyrealbox.com>, Strider
    <gkarmyrealbox.com> wrote:
    > There's a utility called Boot CD that allows you to create a bootable
    > OSX cd and including applications on it that you want to have on the CD.
    > I created an emergency boot CD with all my disk and file recovery apps
    > on it.
    Where can I get this? It was not on C-net or Apple downloads. Google
    didn't find it either?

    Bob
    Bob &/or Barbara Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Making an OS X boot CD?

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:02:34 GMT,
    Bob &/or Barbara (BOBmindpring.com) wrote:
    > In article <1g187jo.13t2mly1bphtl4N%gkarmyrealbox.com>, Strider
    ><gkarmyrealbox.com> wrote:
    >
    >> There's a utility called Boot CD that allows you to create a bootable
    >> OSX cd and including applications on it that you want to have on the CD.
    >> I created an emergency boot CD with all my disk and file recovery apps
    >> on it.
    >
    > Where can I get this? It was not on C-net or Apple downloads. Google
    > didn't find it either?
    [url]http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15196[/url]
    and read
    [url]http://www.bombich.com/mactips/bootx.html[/url]

    Bev
    --
    Bev A. Kupf
    "The lyfe so short, the craft so long to lerne" -- Chaucer
    Bev A. Kupf Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Making an OS X boot CD?

    In article <slrnbm71sj.jjb.bevakupfebv.mimnet.northwestern.e du>, Bev
    A. Kupf <bevakupfmyhome.net> wrote:
    > [url]http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15196[/url]
    > and read
    > [url]http://www.bombich.com/mactips/bootx.html[/url]
    >
    > Bev
    Thanks Bev.

    Bob
    Bob &/or Barbara Guest

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 24th, 04:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139