Professional Web Applications Themes

making links not blue? - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

I know you can change the color of the links on your page to any color you want in the page properties however I don't want to change all the link colors. I just want to change a few of the links to another color, can anyone tell me how to do this? thanks Chris...

  1. #1

    Default making links not blue?

    I know you can change the color of the links on your page to any color you
    want in the page properties however I don't want to change all the link
    colors. I just want to change a few of the links to another color, can
    anyone tell me how to do this?

    thanks
    Chris

    Chris Jumonville Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: making links not blue?

    In article <beste0$ou3$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "Chris Jumonville" <c.jumonvillecomcast.net> wrote:
    > I know you can change the color of the links on your page to any color you
    > want in the page properties however I don't want to change all the link
    > colors. I just want to change a few of the links to another color, can
    > anyone tell me how to do this?
    >
    > thanks
    > Chris

    If you change the html of the link, for example, from this:

    by inserting a color like this:

    It seems to do the trick. I've done it only with black but I expect that it
    should work with any color.

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane

  3. #3

    Harvey:

    You're not still using <font> tags, are you? 8)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Harvey Waxman" <hwaxmancox.net> wrote in message
    > In article <beste0$ou3$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    > "Chris Jumonville" <c.jumonvillecomcast.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I know you can change the color of the links on your page to any color
    you
    > > want in the page properties however I don't want to change all the link
    > > colors. I just want to change a few of the links to another color, can
    > > anyone tell me how to do this?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > > Chris
    > >
    > If you change the html of the link, for example, from this:
    >
    > by inserting a color like this:

    > It seems to do the trick. I've done it only with black but I expect that
    it
    > should work with any color.
    >

    > --
    > Harvey Waxman DMD
    > 73 Wright Lane
    > Wickford, RI 02852

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    In article <beu5m6$kjc$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:
    > Harvey:
    >
    > You're not still using <font> tags, are you? 8)
    I didn't put them there, DWMX did. I just made use of them. As I said, I'm a
    real amateur, obviously. :-)

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane

  5. #5

    Harvey:

    In other words, you told DMX to put them there and it did what you told it
    to. That's usually good, but in this case, I'm not going to let you off the
    hook! 8)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > In article <beu5m6$kjc$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Harvey:
    > >
    > > You're not still using <font> tags, are you? 8)
    >
    > I didn't put them there, DWMX did. I just made use of them. As I said,
    I'm a
    > real amateur, obviously. :-)
    >

    > --
    > Harvey Waxman DMD
    > 73 Wright Lane
    > Wickford, RI 02852

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  6. #6

    In article <beueqh$9ga$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:
    > Harvey:
    >
    > In other words, you told DMX to put them there and it did what you told it
    > to. That's usually good, but in this case, I'm not going to let you off the
    > hook! 8)
    I just enter some text and then create a link; never looked at the code. The
    files originated in DW3 and I don't recall ever specifying font color. Could
    this be the reason the are font tags? And DWMX puts in font tags whenever I
    specifiy a color and I never really checked code 'cept when I wanted to change
    the link's color.

    Or are you just proselytizing for style sheets? Maybe I should try to learn
    more about them.

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane

  7. #7

    Harvey:

    You need to wean yourself from <font> tags. In addition to really
    incredible page code bloat they are just not cool.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > In article <beueqh$9ga$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Harvey:
    > >
    > > In other words, you told DMX to put them there and it did what you told
    it
    > > to. That's usually good, but in this case, I'm not going to let you off
    the
    > > hook! 8)
    >
    > I just enter some text and then create a link; never looked at the code.
    The
    > files originated in DW3 and I don't recall ever specifying font color.
    Could
    > this be the reason the are font tags? And DWMX puts in font tags whenever
    > specifiy a color and I never really checked code 'cept when I wanted to
    change
    > the link's color.
    >
    > Or are you just proselytizing for style sheets? Maybe I should try to
    learn
    > more about them.
    >

    > --
    > Harvey Waxman DMD
    > 73 Wright Lane
    > Wickford, RI 02852

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  8. #8

    But most of all..they're not cool. That's what you meant to say, I'm sure.
    Coolness is everything in this business.

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    DiMa Guest

  9. #9

    If you'll pardon the observation, that's bollocks.

    In this business, delivering what the client wants is everything, whether
    you're a hardened coder or a beginner. The client pays, so do what the
    client wants. It matters not a jot whether or not the code looks cool. It
    only matters if the code functions as specified.
    > But most of all..they're not cool. That's what you meant to say, I'm sure.
    > Coolness is everything in this business.
    > > Harvey:
    > >
    > > You need to wean yourself from <font> tags. In addition to really
    > > incredible page code bloat they are just not cool.
    > > it
    > > the
    > > >
    > > > I just enter some text and then create a link; never looked at the
    code.
    > > The
    > > > files originated in DW3 and I don't recall ever specifying font color.
    > > Could
    > > > this be the reason the are font tags? And DWMX puts in font tags
    whenever
    > > > specifiy a color and I never really checked code 'cept when I wanted
    > > change
    > > > the link's color.
    > > >
    > > > Or are you just proselytizing for style sheets? Maybe I should try to
    > > learn
    > > > more about them.

    Henry S C Guest

  10. #10

    LOL. Are you for real??

    DiMa
    --------------------

    "Henry S C" <henryscyourpantsbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > If you'll pardon the observation, that's bollocks.
    >
    > In this business, delivering what the client wants is everything, whether
    > you're a hardened coder or a beginner. The client pays, so do what the
    > client wants. It matters not a jot whether or not the code looks cool. It
    > only matters if the code functions as specified.
    >
    > > But most of all..they're not cool. That's what you meant to say, I'm sure.
    > > Coolness is everything in this business.
    >
    > > > Harvey:
    > > >
    > > > You need to wean yourself from <font> tags. In addition to really
    > > > incredible page code bloat they are just not cool.

    > told
    > > > it
    > off
    > > > the

    > code.
    > > > The
    > > > Could
    > whenever
    > > > change

    > > > learn

    DiMa Guest

  11. #11

    In DW: Hit F1 and type in CSS

    online: best place to start is...
    [url]www.mako4css.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/index.htm[/url]
    Also look in the archives for this newsgroup (second link in my sig) and look
    up css tutorials. You'll have more than you can handle!
    DiMa
    --------------------

    > In article <bevbt9$1ul$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:
    >
    > > You need to wean yourself from <font> tags. In addition to really
    > > incredible page code bloat they are just not cool.
    >

    > Someone mentioned CSS help in Dreamweaaver. I can't find anything. suggest
    > very beginner online tutorial?
    >
    > --
    > Harvey Waxman DMD
    > 73 Wright Lane
    > Wickford, RI 02852

    DiMa Guest

  12. #12

    Henry:

    You can certainly give the client anything you want. I wouldn't dream of
    serving them a page with deprecated code, however.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Henry S C" <henryscyourpantsbtinternet.com> wrote in message
    > If you'll pardon the observation, that's bollocks.
    >
    > In this business, delivering what the client wants is everything, whether
    > you're a hardened coder or a beginner. The client pays, so do what the
    > client wants. It matters not a jot whether or not the code looks cool.
    It
    > only matters if the code functions as specified.
    >
    > > But most of all..they're not cool. That's what you meant to say, I'm
    sure.
    > > Coolness is everything in this business.
    >
    > > > Harvey:
    > > >
    > > > You need to wean yourself from <font> tags. In addition to really
    > > > incredible page code bloat they are just not cool.

    > told
    > > > it
    > off
    > > > the

    > code.
    > > > The
    > > > Could
    > whenever
    > > > change

    > > > learn

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  13. #13

    In article <bevg6n$7fs$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote:
    > In DW: Hit F1 and type in CSS
    Not much info on a Mac :-(

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD