Professional Web Applications Themes

making pdf files from prn files - fonts error - Adobe Acrobat Windows

PLS help! Operating system - XP Adobe version - 4.05, 5 and 6... (tried them all) ever since I upgraded my operating system to XP I experience problems printing from word-office. I print word doent to file and than use the distiller to make PDF files. this way nothing changes between the PDF files and the proofreading copy. with the 98 windows system everything worked great - service bureau received the files and used them well. with the XP - when the service bureau prints the files a missing font error occurred - a font I didn't use or have ...

  1. #1

    Default making pdf files from prn files - fonts error

    PLS help!

    Operating system - XP
    Adobe version - 4.05, 5 and 6... (tried them all)

    ever since I upgraded my operating system to XP I experience problems printing from word-office.

    I print word doent to file and than use the distiller to make PDF files. this way nothing changes between the PDF files and the proofreading copy.

    with the 98 windows system everything worked great - service bureau received the files and used them well.
    with the XP - when the service bureau prints the files a missing font error occurred - a font I didn't use or have on my system - like "TTE1Ao00-Normal" or similar.

    I tried to use the generic postscript driver, tried to change the drivers properties - things like - download as softfont, download as an outline, postscript level 1 and level 2, optimize for portability, etc. nothing helped.

    the PDF files can be printed to a Laser printer - it has the error only in the imposition/plate stage. if I send the PRN files to the service bureau - it can be used in the imposition program.

    the bureau uses AGFA's apogee's program and AGFA's "galileo" CTP.

    simultaneously to that problem, I have problems importing the PDF files to the CORELDRAW - the same error - missing fonts. it used to work just fine with the 98 windows.

    finally - if I send the PRN file to the service bureau, they "distill" it, I edit the file (with pitstop) on my computer and send them again - it works fine!!! (it seems like the problem happens while I distill the file).

    does anybody have an idea what to do???
    ruda@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: making pdf files from prn files - fonts error

    When creating the prn file, which printer do you use?
    Or to be more specific which version of the driver are you using and which ppd file?
    de_Siem@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Adobe has <http://studio.adobe.com/us/tips/tip.jsp?p=1&id=481&xml=acr5pppdffonts> on their Tips and tutorials page. If you've never entered Adobe Studio before, you'll need to register to see the article - it is free and you can enter at any time for additonal tips and tutorials.
    kay_anderson@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    thank you for your reply

    I looked at adobe's site - I already marked the embed fonts correctly.

    About the printer driver - I tried some drivers - agfa accuset, linotronic etc. (from windows XP setup disk); I tried "AdobePSGenericPostScriptPrinter" (recently downloaded from their site - "Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver Installer 1.0.6 - English 5/23/2002") and finally - I tried the same driver I used in WIN98 - agfa's APOGEE (how can I tell which version)- I install the PPD via the adobeps Version 4.2.6 - the file's is Apogee.ppd.

    thanks for your time and efforts
    ruda@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Use the Distiller driver (or Distiller PPD with the AdobePS
    installer).

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest