I'm running a box with multiple game servers, and sometimes one goes into
"runaway", shooting up from a typical 10% usage to 99% usage. This causes
all the other servers to "lag out".

What can I do to keep a user process from going into runaway CPU usage? Is
there a way to detect such a situation and restart the process when it
happens?

I don't want to just put a hard limit on CPU usage, as there are times when
a process has a legitimate need for lots of CPU, but it would be nice to
have some dynamic way of preventing a process from doing that for extended
periods.

--
Kenneth Porter
[url]http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/[/url]