Professional Web Applications Themes

Mapping Word styles, any way to get rid ofthe + without Alt clicking each paragraph? - Adobe Indesign Windows

I typed this doent myself so the styles should be applied correctly. I tried this script Dave wrote: myStyles = ["Italic","Bold", "Bold Italic"]; myPosns = ["superscript","subscript"]; myPosnEnums = [Position.superscript,Position.subscript]; myDoc = app.doents[0]; noCharStyle = app.activeDoent.characterStyles[0]; for (var j = 0; myStyles.length>j; j++) { try { myCharStyle = myDoc.characterStyles.item(myStyles[j]); myCharStyle.name; } catch (e) { myDoc.characterStyles.add({name:myStyles[j],fontStyle:myStyles[j]}) myCharStyle = myDoc.characterStyles.item(myStyles[j]); } app.findPreferences = null; app.changePreferences = null; myDoc.search("", false, false, undefined, {appliedCharacterStyle:noCharStyle,fontStyle:mySty les[j]}, {appliedCharacterStyle:myStyles[j]}); } for (var j = 0; myPosns.length>j; j++) { try { myCharStyle = myDoc.characterStyles.item(myPosns[j]); myCharStyle.name; } catch (e) { myDoc.characterStyles.add({name:myPosns[j], position:myPosnEnums [j]}) myCharStyle = myDoc.characterStyles.item(myPosns[j]); } app.findPreferences = null; ...

Sponsored Links

Default Mapping Word styles, any way to get rid ofthe + without Alt clicking each paragraph?

I typed this doent myself so the styles should be applied correctly. I tried this script Dave wrote:

myStyles = ["Italic","Bold", "Bold Italic"];
    myPosns = ["superscript","subscript"];
    myPosnEnums = [Position.superscript,Position.subscript];

myDoc = app.doents[0];

noCharStyle = app.activeDoent.characterStyles[0];

for (var j = 0; myStyles.length>j; j++) {
    try {
    myCharStyle = myDoc.characterStyles.item(myStyles[j]);
    myCharStyle.name;
    } catch (e) {
    myDoc.characterStyles.add({name:myStyles[j],fontStyle:myStyles[j]})
    }
    app.findPreferences = null;
    app.changePreferences = null;
    myDoc.search("", false, false, undefined, {appliedCharacterStyle:noCharStyle,fontStyle:mySty les[j]}, {appliedCharacterStyle:myStyles[j]});
    }

for (var j = 0; myPosns.length>j; j++) {
    try {
    myCharStyle = myDoc.characterStyles.item(myPosns[j]);
    myCharStyle.name;
    } catch (e) {
    myDoc.characterStyles.add({name:myPosns[j], position:myPosnEnums [j]})
    }
    myDoc.search("", false, false, undefined, {appliedCharacterStyle:noCharStyle,position:myPosn Enums[j]}, {appliedCharacterStyle:myPosns[j]});
    }

myStyles = myDoc.paragraphStyles;
    for (var n = 1; myStyles.length > n; n++){
    myDoc.search("", false, false, undefined, {appliedParagraphStyle:myStyles[n]}, {appliedParagraphStyle:myStyles[n]});
    }

But I'm looking for something that won't create the bold and italic charachter styles.
    Sponsored Links
    Fred_Goldman@adobeforums.com Guest

Default Re: Mapping Word styles, any way to get ridof the + without Alt clicking each paragraph?

Move the fourth line of the script and the last six into another text file.

Voila.

Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

Default Re: Mapping Word styles, any way to get ridof the + without Alt clicking each paragraph?

OK I tried that and I got an error that myDoc is undefined on line 12.

This is what I used:

myStyles = ["Italic","Bold", "Bold Italic"];
    myPosns = ["superscript","subscript"];
    myPosnEnums = [Position.superscript,Position.subscript];

noCharStyle = app.activeDoent.characterStyles[0];

for (var j = 0; myStyles.length>j; j++) {
    try {
    myCharStyle.name;
    } catch (e) {
    myDoc.characterStyles.add({name:myStyles[j],fontStyle:myStyles[j]})
    }
    myDoc.search("", false, false, undefined, {appliedCharacterStyle:noCharStyle,fontStyle:mySty les[j]}, {appliedCharacterStyle:myStyles[j]});
    }

for (var j = 0; myPosns.length>j; j++) {
    try {
    myCharStyle.name;
    } catch (e) {
    myDoc.characterStyles.add({name:myPosns[j], position:myPosnEnums [j]})
    }
    myDoc.search("", false, false, undefined, {appliedCharacterStyle:noCharStyle,position:myPosn Enums[j]}, {appliedCharacterStyle:myPosns[j]});
    }

Dave said move the fourth line, but now myDoc is no longer defined. So insert this line below the third line:

myDoc = app.activeDoent;

Teus
    Teus_de_Jong@adobeforums.com Guest

No, no. It was the other file that now contains the seven line script you need to use. That's why I had you move them there rather than just delete them.

Dave

Thanks Teus,

I tried that, but I"m still getting the Bold, Italic, Subscript, and Superscript character styles.

I don't know too much about scripting, but wouldn't it be the first three lines that are creating these styles?

Sorry Dave, I didn't look well enough. I didn't see the last line of the OP: "But I'm looking for something that won't create the bold and italic character styles."

Teus

Just to be clear. This is the script that does what you want.

myDoc = app.doents[0];

myStyles = myDoc.paragraphStyles;
    for (var n = 1; myStyles.length > n; n++){
    myDoc.search("", false, false, undefined, {appliedParagraphStyle:myStyles[n]}, {appliedParagraphStyle:myStyles[n]});
    }

Dave

Fred,

See Dave's message and my reply: you have to use the other file with seven lines that are moved.

Teus

That's exactly simultaneous. And Dave's post contains the script.

Teus

Thanks Dave and Teus. It works perfectly now.

Dave you have no idea how much time your scripts have saved me, thanks a bunch.