[Mappings]. I don't know what side effects the change might have or whether it would work with network drives. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => mxstu [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Mapping wwwroot to another drive for testing - Coldfusion - Getting Started

Mapping wwwroot to another drive for testing - Coldfusion - Getting Started

Am I correct in understanding that there is no way to map the C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot folder to another folder, such as d:\clients\web for testing purposes? I am doing development on a PC running Windows XP Home. In other words, do I have to copy my sites for testing to wwwroot ?...

  1. #1

    Default Mapping wwwroot to another drive for testing

    Am I correct in understanding that there is no way to map the
    C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot folder to another folder, such as d:\clients\web for
    testing purposes? I am doing development on a PC running Windows XP Home.

    In other words, do I have to copy my sites for testing to wwwroot ?

    Glen T Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Mapping wwwroot to another drive for testing

    GlenT,

    I haven't tried it, but I think you can change the webroot mapping in the CF
    administrator to point another location. [CF Admin] ---> [Mappings]. I don't
    know what side effects the change might have or whether it would work with
    network drives.

    mxstu Guest

  3. #3

    I had tried this, but it didn't seem to work. It has that it is only for
    remapping includes etc:

    ColdFusion mappings let the cfinclude and cfmodule tags access pages that are
    outside the Web root. If you specify a path that starts with the mapping's
    logical path in these tags, ColdFusion looks for the page using the mapping's
    directory path.

    ColdFusion also uses mappings to find ColdFusion components (CFCs). The
    CFINVOKE and CFOBJECT tags and CreateObject function look for CFCs in the
    mapped directories.

    Note: These mappings are independent of web server virtual directories. If you
    would like to create a virtual directory to access a given directory through a
    URL, please consult your web server doentation.

    It mentions that you can set up web server virtual directories, but I'm using
    the built-in testing facility and currently have no web server test bed.

    Glen T Guest

  4. #4

    I'm pretty sure the included demo server only installs to one location, that's
    why it doesn't ask where you want it. If it did ask then you could have
    positioned it anywhere.

    If we know each other, pop me a PM and I may be able to help you with an
    account on the Dev server.

    SafariTECH Guest

  5. #5

    >Note: These mappings are independent of web server virtual directories. If
    you would like to
    >create a virtual directory to >access a given directory through a URL, please
    consult your
    >web server doentation.
    >It mentions that you can set up web server virtual directories, but I'm using
    the built-in
    >testing facility and currently have no web server test bed.

    By "built-in testing facility" I assume you mean the built-in web server that
    comes with MX7? Yes, I guess I was thinking you were using a separate
    webserver locally like IIS or Apache which would allow you to create a virtual
    directories which you could synch with the CF mappings. I have not used the
    built-in webserver in this context, so I cannot offer any advice on that topic.

    mxstu Guest

  6. #6

    Originally posted by: mxstu
    By "built-in testing facility" I assume you mean the built-in web server that
    comes with MX7? Yes, I guess I was thinking you were using a separate
    webserver locally like IIS or Apache which would allow you to create a virtual
    directories which you could synch with the CF mappings. I have not used the
    built-in webserver in this context, so I cannot offer any advice on that topic.
    That's right, I'm using the built in sever. XP Home does not have IIS. I was
    kind of hoping the I could add another path rather than change the default, but
    it doesn't look like that is possible.

    Glen T Guest

  7. #7

    I was able to get IIS working with XP Home a while back, but it was a major
    hack and I wouldn't recommend it. I suppose you could always install an
    external web server like Apache, or you might want to check out this thread
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=2&thread[/url]
    id=836965&highlight_key=y&keyword1=Virtual%20Direc tories%20in%20ColdFusion%20MX%
    20developer and see if it works.

    mxstu Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks msxtu. The link that you provided did offer enough clues for me to
    figure out how to do this.

    For the record, if you want to relocate the wwwroot of the CF7 test server to
    another folder, locate the c:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\WEB-INF folder. Edit the
    jrun-web.xml to include the following lines:

    <virtual-mapping>
    <resource-path>/*</resource-path>
    <system-path>D:/clients/web</system-path>
    </virtual-mapping>

    where D:/clients/web is the path to your development folder. Then copy the
    cfdocs and CFIDE folders from the wwwroot folder to your new web folder.

    Seems to work OK and allows DreamWeaver to display Live Data.

    Glen T Guest

  9. #9

    Anyone have an idea why the Mappings page doesn't display one of my local
    drives?
    The Browse Server tree displays the C: drive ok, but the E: drive doesn't show
    up (there's no permissions set on it). If I add the path E:\WEBAPPS\APP1\ the
    mapping doesn't take effect.

    I'm going to check the XML as above to see if I can do it manually... when the
    server guys eventually let me into the room to check it out!

    dtotal Guest

  10. #10

    Not really. My initial thoughts were is it a mapped drive or a permissions issue. Other than that I don't know. I see you posted over in the Administration forum. Hope you get an answer there.
    mxstu Guest