Professional Web Applications Themes

masters content frozen in doents - Adobe Indesign Windows

In InDesign CS "pages palette" I've created "masters" with various text frames and printing within those frames. I've then "applied masters to pages". However, although the printing on the masters is visible on the doents, the text frames on the doents -assuming that they were transferred from the masters- cannot be activated or accessed in any way. The doents created from masters are frozen and cannot be added to or modified in any way....

  1. #1

    Default masters content frozen in doents

    richard_recard@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: masters content frozen in doents

    You can access to the objects made in the master page only in master page (after double clicking master page in the pages palette). Make frames directly in the pages where you need them
    dzenan_handzic@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi richard--

    Hold down Ctrl-Shift as you click the master page objects on the doent pages to move them to the doent pages. Or you can choose Override All Master Page Items from the Pages palette menu to copy all master page items to the doent page.

    Thanks,

    Ole
    Olav_Kvern@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for your timely reply. If what you say is correct, this software is less flexible than I had thought.
    richard_recard@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    How so less flexible? Master pages are intended to give you a background
    structure on which to build. Making their content easily accessible when
    working on the page could easily lead to selecting and modifying/deleting
    something by accident. If you really need to get at a master item from the
    doent page you can, using the procedures already outlined.

    If your master items were simply part of the doent page you would not
    have the flexibility of selecting all for repositioning, for instance.

    This is flexibility that's rigid enough to prevent accidents.

    Ken_Grace@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks for your timely reply. Since posting my message I've discovered that once text has been placed on a doent, the formating to some extent becomes accessible.

    You write knowledgeably. Later today I will post a message regarding a "leading" problem that has stopped production in its tracks. I invite you to take a look at it.

    Richard
    richard_recard@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hi Olav,

    Thanks for your timely reply. Your solution worked. "My knowledge derives from Adobe's "Classroom in a Book", and as far as I can remember that procedure wasn't mentioned and I can't find it in Help.

    Later this evening I'm going to post a message regarding a maddening problem with text "leading" and I invite you to consider it.

    Thanks again.

    Richard
    richard_recard@adobeforums.com Guest