Professional Web Applications Themes

matching jpeg background to page background. - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Well, this message never got a reply and now I'd like the question answered too. I've created a jpg image with a background to match my page background. I've specified the color in photoshop using its specific number, in this case 9999CC. Of course I'm using that same number when building the page in DW. The backgrounds do match, but I can see the faint outline of the jpeg image box. In otherwords, there is a seam on all four sides of the pic on the page. Any suggestions. johnny...

  1. #1

    Default Re:matching jpeg background to page background.

    Well, this message never got a reply and now I'd like the question answered too. I've created a jpg image with a background to match my page background. I've specified the color in photoshop using its specific number, in this case 9999CC. Of course I'm using that same number when building the page in DW.

    The backgrounds do match, but I can see the faint outline of the jpeg image box. In otherwords, there is a seam on all four sides of the pic on the page.

    Any suggestions.

    johnny

    JohnnyA Guest

  2. #2

    Perhaps that you could try to get some help at Fireworks MX forum.

    Deaf Guest

  3. #3

    I have had this problem myself. The only way around it that I have found is
    if you are for example putting the image in a table cell to fill that table
    or table cell with a small .gif you create in well in this case Photoshop of
    the same color. Choosing a color in DW will almost always get you a slightly
    different color. By filling with a graphic you can match the colors.

    I suspect it has something to do with color handling in Photoshop. If you
    are using the save for web feature to save you image you can at the top
    right of the preview box in the save for web dialog box click the little
    arrow in the circle which brings up a flyout menu and the play with the I
    think it is top 4 options to see if anyone of these will give you what you
    need. You can try the uncompensated option.

    nospam Guest

  4. #4

    Hey guys,

    what you have to do is making the parts you want to match your background, transparent.

    You can create a transparent image by File > New > There at the bottom of the window you can select background color. Choose transparent and click ok.
    The background of your image are now white / grey blocks. This is the way photoshop shows transparent. Copy your original image into this image. Select the parts you want to be transparent and delete them. Instead of the color you have in the selection you will see the grey / white blocks, which means that part is transparent. Save your image as a Gif (Transparency doesn't work in jpeg).

    More questions or if it doesnt work. Just ask.

    Robert Jansen

    Robert Jansen
    mrjansuh Guest

  5. #5

    That depends on many things. Frankly, I don't like the haloing or gritty
    edge effect you can get with transparent gifs. Also, not every image works
    as gif.

    nospam Guest