On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:09:21 +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:Some more Rite questions if its OK :-)> In message "matz thoughts on Rite ?"
> on 03/07/21, "Simon Strandgaard" <0bz63fz3m1qt3001sneakemail.com> writes:
> |What is long term goals for Rite ?
> |Will it be backward-compatible with Ruby-1.9 ?
> |Will there be real threading support ?
> |How about unicode ?
> |Can people contribute to create Rite (matz helpers/slaves) ?
> Its goal is faster, smaller, more portable.
> It will
> * have native thread support.
> * unicode aware (along with other encoding schemes)
> We don't have any code yet to work on. I cannot spare time for Rite
> now, so that Rite will be complete vaporware for a while. Perhaps
> until 1.8.0 is out.
* will Rite be developed publicly.. Or will you keep it souce secret ?
* still use Ruby license scheme ?
* do you need help? Say what we should do and we will do it :-)
* will it be like Ruby.. Or will there be minor/major differences ?
* will Rite use Mark&Sweep GC or something else ?